1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

105Q Wah Pedal completely silent

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by StanM42, Oct 3, 2019.

1. StanM42

StanM42

Oct 3, 2019
    You'll have to forgive me if anything I've done here is a noob/beginner mistake, I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of pedalboards.

As the final pedal I've bought for my Boss BCB-60 Pedalboard, the 105Q had me very excited. I played with it for most of today, and got quite annoyed at the slight delay there was in disengaging the pedal. After a few quick google searches, I found a few threads talking about the trim pot on the inside of the pedal. I opened up the pedal and, towards the back of the pedal, found what I assumed was the little beige trimpot. I turned it as far clockwise as I could, as the threads said to do, put the plate back on, and plugged it all back in.

Well, the delay is gone. The problem is that so is everything else. There is no sound coming from my rig whatsoever. If I take the wah pedal out of the pedalboard, and go through all my other pedals (tuner, compressor, chorus and overdrive) then it sounds perfect. Weirdly enough, my tuner still accurately tunes the bass when the wah is plugged in - there's just no sound from the rest of the rig. Did I fry the wah pedal? I'm going to be devastated if so, because it cost me a small fortune.

I'm mostly using the patch cables and power supply/cables that all come bundled with the BCB-60.

2. StanM42

StanM42

Oct 3, 2019
    Update: Really really cranking the volume on my amp outputs an extremely quiet signal with the wah plugged in, but the pedal still doesn't alter the sound.

3. Have you tried backing off the internal trimmer a smidge?

Perhaps you inadvertantly short-circuited something with a screwdriver while trying to turn the trimmer?

Was power connected to the pedal when you adjusted the trimmer?

4. StanM42

StanM42

Oct 3, 2019
    The thing I turned, which I'm assuming is the trimpot, was turned by hand rather than screwdriver. I might have come into contact with something whilst trying to unscrew the backplate, but I doubt it.

Power was disconnected whenever I handled the pedal.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021