1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2 New EBS Pedals!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by themadpiper, Apr 4, 2009.

1. themadpiper

themadpiper This is CAKETOWN!!

Jun 25, 2008
    Pascagoula, MS
    Ok, so the first was already reported. The EBS Metaldrive, a "Disturbed" version of the Multidrive. I've been searching all over the web to find out what the 2nd pedal was, as well as the 2 heads that were not previously announced, and found that the 2nd pedal is the EBS Dphaser, a Digital Triple Mode Phase Shifter. Unfortunately, only one site had any mention of it, and only sports a picture with no further details.

http://filters.muziq.be/model/ebs/dphaser

Anyone know anything of the new heads, other than the Classic 160?

2. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Devon, UK
    Sounds like it'll be interesting.

3. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    interesting, a compact phase modeller. I'd imagine that modes 1-2-3 = 4-8-12 stage phaser models. Looks like a resonance (feedback?) switch in the middle.

Maybe the fact that it's digital will turn a lot of folks off. Well, you haven't heard some of the nicer models, have you?

If there is a "manual" (frequency center) trimpot inside, I am all over this.

EBS are SO compact and practical and actually designed for bass. I need to re-buy me a unichorus

4. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Devon, UK
    I'm guessing the price will be at the top end of the black series?

5. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    judging by the price of their other digital black label effect, the reverb, you're probably right

maybe i'll just get a second phaser again

6. DiscoFreq

DiscoFreq

Jun 13, 2005
    Belgium
    Thanks for the link!

The phaser is not officially released yet, they didn't have any brochures about it.

The papers I received at the Messe mention these new products:

EBS MetalDriver
    EBS Classic 160
    EBS Stanley Clarke Signature Wah Wah (not really new anymore)
    EBS Neoline 810 Cabinet

Maybe those other heads were also "coming soon" and not available the next few months?

For more NAMM pedal news, check the list here:
    http://filters.muziq.be/news/messe/2009 :D

7. themadpiper

themadpiper This is CAKETOWN!!

Jun 25, 2008
    Pascagoula, MS
    Thanks for the info!

Real disappointed to hear about the lack of the heads. EBS announced on it's site last week or so that they were unveiling 3 brand new heads, 2 Black Label pedals, and 1 combo in the Classic line. Was hoping the hear of an all-tube EBS head, but that's for a different board.

All that aside, I'm lookin forward to the Metaldrive. Oughta be interesting. The Dphaser doesn't excite as much at the moment, tho.

8. In another thread (amp forum?) there are pics of the NEW Fafner and a small 90w (all?) tube head from EBS.

9. MetalDrive?

I must try one of these out! :eek:

10. And here's the picture of that sweet looking all valve head again, though in the wrong forum: :)
    [​IMG]

I'm intrigued by the head, not so much by the new pedals. (I'm sure they're good and everything, but they're probably not for me)

11. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    Is that supposed to be a small, portable head? At 90W, I can't see it being a giggable amp. Could be great for recording though.

12. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    90 tube watts can seem as loud as a 300w solid state amp

13. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    Right. I'm wondering how much it could keep up with a 30W or 60W tube guitar amp.

Back on topic to the pedals, what is the Classic 160?

14. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    90 all tube EBS watts probably won't be any louder than my 100 all tube Ampeg watts. Not giggable for me anyhow. And, if I weren't completely happy with my Small Stone, a digital phaser might just be the thing.

15. It's small, 160 Watt head... :)

16. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    So much for being on topic. :bag:

17. RCCollins

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    well maybe if you can get the guitarists to play clean HAHA

18. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    If I could ever form a band to my liking, I'd have the guitar mostly clean (maybe some light tube distortion). They wouldn't be allowed near dirt pedals. That would come from the bass.

19. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    My kind of thinking :D

20. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
    Oh the guitarist can have as many dirt boxes if he wants. But they'd have to be controlled by MY feet!!!

:D:ninja: