1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

2x New Warwick Week!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TechJunky, May 18, 2011.

1. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    In the last 5 days, I've received two new (to me) Warwick Streamers! :hyper::hyper::hyper: A '97 Pro M and an '08 Stage II (my all time dream bass!!). Needless to say, I'm just a little ecstatic and loving life right now. After buying, selling, and trading a wide number of basses, I always find myself coming back to Warwicks, so I ended up selling all my other basses (save for one which I traded for the Pro M), and decided to go all Warwick. They may not be to everyone's taste, but they offer the exact sound, comfort, and playability I want in a bass, so why try to make something else fit? I'd love to say I'm done with GAS, but I know that will never be the case...cause I still need a nice 5-stringer to add. But at least for the foreseeable future, I'm set with all I need and could want right now. Now I just need to get a nice amp rig to go with them...then start saving for a ring for my ever loving and patient (and supportive...she's just as excited about these basses as I am!) girlfriend!

PICS!
    5735702824_afd8053ac5_b.

Yup, that's a wenge neck!
    5735703902_e70e6937f4_b.

And just for comparison between a Stage II neck-thru and a Pro M (and LX) bolt-on body thickness
    5735150839_a662fba27a_b.
    5735704950_1182a8b34e_b.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Nice. I'll bring my Streamer Jazzman over and we'll par-tay!

3. skywalkersurfs

skywalkersurfs

Sep 11, 2008
    Congrats! The SSII has been a cure for GAS for me. Whether you dig in and make it roar, or bebop along in the background it always delivers so sweetly.

4. You also need an Alien acoustic bass!!

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Wharton sent me an invite to one of their MBA events. While I'm there I WILL steal that SSII from ya. Just so you know ;)

Congrats, they make a lovely pair!

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Nice pair. Congrats.

7. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    A five string jazzman would cap it off nicely, but they are so hard to find (and when I do find them, I don't have the funds). the stage ii is definitely making me feel very content though, especially with the drop tuner. I can play most everything i want without any issue.

8. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    Mmmm wenge

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I recently got my first Warwick (2004 FNA Jazzman 5) and LOVE it. Good thing for you neither of those is a five-string. I have a lot of family in and around Wilkes-Barre and might have been tempted to ... um .... "borrow" one from you next time I was up there. ;) :D

Really nice looking basses. Congrats!