2x12 help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BaronVonHavok, May 25, 2012.

1. I've been considering switching it up and playing through two, 2x12s for portability sake and because lately I can't get enough of the way they sound. I've been looking around all over for the one thats best for me, and I was just going to buy two of them.

Here's where I need help. I have decided that I either want to buy GK 212NEO or Avatar B212 Neo. I love the way both cabs sound, but I can't decide which would be the better option.

Looking for answers on quality, if the bi-amp option with the GK is really that awesome, (I play through a 700RB-II) and what ever comes into buying new cabs, besides the way they sound.

TL;DR - GK 212Neo vs Avatar B212

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

2. And if what I wrote is confusing, I'll try to clarify. Sorry, it's a little early for me haha.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Personally, I would go with the G-K cabs without even thinking of it. The Avatars aren't horrible cabinets, but the overall quality of the G-K stuff is much better.

IME, IMO, and YMMV, of course. ;)

4. Thanks! I kinda figured that because they're made by a "mainstream" company, but sometimes you see the quality better in smaller companies. Was just wondering.

5. The Avatars use 3/4" ply wood, the boxes them selves are heavier than they need to be. I would go with GK.

6. I wouldn't go with either of those two choices. Genz Benz 212UB are amazing, with neo speakers only 63 lbs. Or EarCandy boxes are supposed to be great too.

7. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    With a GK700RBII?
    GKNeo212's with the biamp option, absolutely.
    The ability to send a slightly gritty signal to the paper drivers, and a clean signal to the horns is a really great thing.
    IMO.

Light, easy to move, great pairing.

8. Awesome. Thanks for all the help guys.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021