1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

3 univox superfuzz clones which is best??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldironsights, Apr 6, 2009.

1. oldironsights

oldironsights

Jun 13, 2008
    LAS VEGAS
    Ok im really wanting to get one of the 3 of these sweet pedals but have no way of demoing them myself. the Wattson superfuzz, Black cat superfuzz, or the apollo fuzz???? They are all around the same price range $190-$230 and I believe the cat you can only get used status. What say you????

2. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    robot factory tlsf. /thread

3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    FightThePower's Selling the last Tentacle Love Superfuzz on the planet in the classifieds (if it's still there)...

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Tentacle Love is way overkill with features, but boy does it sound good and is extremely versatile. I would so get one if fuzz was actually something I could use outside of the studio.

5. I get great results from the Wattson, though I did do modifications on mine to let more bass through. The build quality is great and it really is well thought out. On the cheaper side you might want to try the Guyatone Tz-2 "The Fuzz", which sounds suprisingly good for the price. Also BYOC offers a clone called the "Leeds" fuzz which is a Superfuzz clone which is cheaper and is offered as a kit or prebuilt.