Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

3 YEARS free 500mb web space/hosting + MANY options...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jaco_Goatse, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. for the web peeps...

I'm not an employee, affiliate, or associated with this company in any way. Just a FYI on something I found. Cron jobs and Shell Access too!!! I think it ends around the 14th of Jan.

No banners, no popups, no credit card needed at all. Just a touch tone ph# for automated verification upon sign up. Details below, you can also use your domain name if you own one already, no charge. Good for those looking for above average web space, or looking to test scripts, i.e. perl, php, python, mySQL.

LINK HERE:
    Link removed my MOD

#==================#
    Details:

Website/Connectivity:

* Hosted on I/O optimized own 1&1 Linux version
    * 500 MB web space
    * 5,000 MB/month traffic ($.99 per GB for additional traffic)
    * No limits on simultaneous hits/bandwidth
    * Protected by firewall
    * Continuous backups of your website
    * 99.9% Uptime guarantee

Website features:

* Advanced live site statistics, log files, ready-to-run CGI-library, own CGI programming (Perl, Python), FrontPage 2002 extensions
    * Advanced Password Protection
    * 5 FTP accounts
    * PHP3 & PHP4
    * MySQL
    * Proxy SSL Secure Server
    * Cron Jobs
    * SSH Secure Shell Access
    * Advanced Developer Tools

CRM/E-commerce:

* WebElements
    * Newsletter Tool
    * One-on-one online dialogue
    * Turn-key web database applications
    * Chats
    * Forums

Domain names:

* Register or transfer .com/.net/.org/.info for just $5.99/year
    * 50 subdomains (e.g., shop.yourDomain.com)
    * Point up to 100 external domain names to 1&1

Applications:

* Free template loaded online WebsiteCreator
    * Free full version of Fusion 7, search engine registration, ranking, optimization
    * Total software worth $300
    * 1&1 Control Panel

E-mail handling:

* 50 POP3 e-mail accounts (50 MB each)
    * Catch-all e-mail addresses
    * Auto-responders, unlimited forwarding.
    * 1&1 Advanced WebMail
    * Symantec virus scanner

Support:

* 1&1 Express support by e-mail

#=================#

Crazy dot com foolios!

2. This sounds too good to be true, there has to be a catch.

Since i have my own webhosting thingy ( 13 servers on a 100mbit uplink ), i know how much that stuff costs. :eek:

No fricking way in hell does any company just hand out this stuff absolutely for free. Companies exist to make profit, not to make loss due to free webhosting packages. There is a catch.

3. I know, it's stoopid!

I just signed up with them a few days ago (I'm just using one of my 'cheesy' domains to point to their servers), and my email prog for that domain is serviced through another company.

BUT I haven't encountered any nonsense so far. If anything funky comes up I'll post it, or remove the link.

>>I forgot, the only setback is you have to be in the US or Canada to sign up, but if you know someone who could get a throwaway paid for cell phone number, and use a proxy, well there you go.

4. *waiting for Jaco_Goatse to come back and reveal how hard he got screwed over and for Allodox to say "told you so"*

5. They're completely open on their website saying that they have no hidden fees or costs or anything, so I doubt they'd be able to screw you over in anyway. the only thing they say you have to pay for is redirecting existing domains will cost $5.99 / year....

i'm still skeptical.

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

I dont know you or your intentions but I smell spam.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

I removed your link. If people want it they can email you. TB has a strict no advertise policy. This is an ad and THIS IS A WARNING.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.