1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

$320 Ritter!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Not a bad looking buy for 320 though.

2. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  3. Jared92

Jared92

Nov 1, 2007
    Fairfax VA
    That looks SO fresh!

4. He's been making these for a couple years. At least one person on TB has one. I used to have one of his 6 string basses, but not the Ritter copy. It was a lot of bass for the money, but quality varies wildly from bass to bass.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I have no problem with it.
    Other than the fact that I don't find the Ritter body shape especially beautiful. Well made and great playing (based on what I've heard) but not beautiful - to me.

6. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

+1

7. Wow. I'm no fan of Ritters but that's an impressive hack. Ripoff as it may be, it's pretty refreshing to finally see an Antonio Sai instrument without that obnoxious inlay work.

8. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I wouldn't dare get it sight-unseen (or unplayed) and pay $460, but that is one good-looking bass.

9. mat666

mat666

Apr 3, 2007
    montreal
    +1000

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    The combination Ritter/Eshenbaugh headstock is "interesting".

11. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    ring the alarm! SX is ripping off fender OMG!

12. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    The ad says.....

'This guitar has a beautifully bright, sweet sound with plenty of volume'.

Can an unamplified bass have 'plenty of volume'?

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Did they say unplugged?
    :smug:

14. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I've actually heard some really good things about the Antonio Sai basses. While you obviously should not expect Ritter quality on this, I've read you can actually get some really good quality for the price. I've been tempted to get one of their 7 stringers to play around with.

15. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sure. They didn't specify "plenty of volume" for what. "Plenty of volume" for sitting on your bed and practicing in a quiet room. :D

16. Basdyret

Basdyret A Dane in China

Aug 6, 2007
    Qingdao, China
    Actually, I don't think it looks that much like a Ritter - it's closest to the Classic shape, but only regarding the end of the body, and then that's not even flat enough. The horns are way off. Of course there are the slanted pickups as well, but the rest doesn't look anything like a Ritter. I wouldn't call this a rip-off, only that Antoniotsai has been slightly inspired by Ritter regarding the bulbous body shape and slanted pickups.

When that's said, it for sure isn't a lot of money for an exotic looking bass if it plays anything near decently. Of course, reading the description, which consistently talks about "intrusments", I'm not sure that's what you'll be getting :p
    And by the way - where are the "beautiful inlays made by hundreds of pieces of abalone and mother-of-pearl"...? :meh:

17. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    It's a John Ritter....

18. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    I wonder how much he wants for that shirt he's wearing......????.......:bag: