Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 Ohm 4x10 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    What manufacturers make these?

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    A lot of 'em (EDEN, EPIFANI, AGUILAR, and even PEAVEY). In fact I think most make the option.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Firkinahsoul said it: Most of the cabinet manufacturers make 4/10 boxes. What you will like will depend on the tone you like and the amount of money you're willing to spend after you decide (if you haven't already) what head or rack combo you want. If you haven't decided on a head, it might be best to start hitting the stores and trying every combination of amp/cabinet you can find.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

+1 on the Avatar!

6. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    The only company I can think of that DOESN'T make a 4ohmer is Basson.

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    actually, until recently a lot of companies only made 8 ohm 4x10 boxes. i think it was probably a $ saving thing. they only made/bought 8 ohm 10" drivers, so you could pretty much get either an 8 ohm 4x10 or a 4 ohm 2x10. i know bag end still does this. the original swr goliath 1 and 2 series were like this as well.

8. Ampeg's SVT410HLF is 4 ohm, I believe. Thats the taller, heavier one with the tilt-back bar.

9. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I have an ancient peavey 4x10 that is 4 ohms, I believe it handles 300 watts... I still use it a lot for ongoing rehersals and shows where I have to leave equipment there for extended periods of time while still working other gigs... Still sounds great...

10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ancient peavey heads, cabs and cmbos are the best. i swear you could leave them outside all year long and they'd still work.

11. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I've got an Ampeg BXT410 in 4ohms... Rated 600Watts RMS. I'm pretty sure that a lot of brands make 4ohm 410 cabs, you just gotta looka round.

12. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Bag End doesn't, according to the specs on their web site. The 4x10's are 8 ohm. The other odd thing is that they list both their 2x10's as 4 ohm. I'm almost wondering if that's not an error in the pdf?