Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

????

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by dragonetti11, Jun 21, 2002.

1. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    does anyone know where i can find a book of dragonetti pieces and not just waltzes ???
    or is there anywhere i can go to look at the other concertos or other peices he has written???:(

2. His studies are good stuff.

Take a look at Lemur´s site.

3. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    Are you talking about his 12 waltzes??

4. No waltzes : studies.

I have a copy of only two of these studies,
    which are just excellent.

You should play Andante and Rondo, a valuable
    piece, technically tricky.

Check on Bob Gollihur's site, there must be some entry for Dragonetti.

Regards.

Gael

5. Baron von Basso

Baron von Basso

Nov 3, 2002
    sorry to be attacking all of these dormant threads, but I have just joined TB.

I found an edition of the Dragonetti concerto #5 in Switzerland and worked on it and almost put it on a recital. I also have a copy of the bass part to his Concerto #3. Both are available through Doblinger Publishing. I think Lemur would have to special order them. Both are HARD. Working on #5 convinced me that the argument about the "Dragonetti" concerto being written by Nanny is true. The real Dragon pieces are very similar (and hard). The Concerto #5 is recorded by Stefano Sciascia, but only called "Concerto in A".

6. kontri

kontri Guest

Oct 5, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi, I guess I agree with you on Nanny concerto. I bought this concerto in A and I thought I was buying the Nanny concerto...long time ago. I think it looks teqnically different in some ways. But I have to go into more research if I want to be be 100% sure. Do you know if there are any researches on this matter on the net?

Could be fun checking it out!

7. Baron von Basso

Baron von Basso

Nov 3, 2002
    for my Master's degree oral exams, I asked my teacher if I could research this instead of doing the question that he assisgned. I did, but I never found anything in print to assist me. Perhaps this could be a future article in the ISB magazine? The very well researched book "Dragonetti in England" goes into minute detail about Drago's financial records and his will, but never once refers to this "famous" concerto. Several other works, yes, but not the one in question.

8. Does Nanny's manuscript (of the "Dragonetti") exist anywhere?