Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

55-01 Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Rumzini, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    I've allready shot Dan Lakin an e-mail but if anyone might have any ideas. Last night whil fiddlin around with my bass...I pulled out the volume knob to put in passive eq...however It pulled all the way out. Not just the know but the post that the knob is tightened to! I tried putting back in...thinking if I give it a lil exrtra pressure it would snap or click back in but no go. It will still turn the volume...and I will check tonight to see if it as actually working.

Any suggestions???

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    That's a new one on me.
    How are your soldering skills?
    Dan will most likely send you a replacement pot. If you can put it in yourself then you can avoid all of the hassle of sending it in to get it fixed. If I lived near you I would fix it for you.

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Aww...thanks for the offer Ed. I told Dan that I wasn''t looking for any special gratis. The bass had been dropped a couple of times of which I was upfont and told him. We'll see.

And man...I swear you are on TB about as much as me.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I'm not what you would call a big poster. Sometimes I just read for a few weeks then I post a bunch then I don't.
    I think lately I have been getting back into TB. It's a great site and I have learned so much in my short time here.
    It also helps that I have a job where I can pretty much do as I please.:D Don't get me wrong it is still a job so it still sucks.

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Oh I hear ya about job suckin! I'm in the same boat. Mon thru Wed I'm at our third largest shippers site in Michigan. I actually handle up to 2000 packages in between posting and reding TB and e-mail. Helps to have two computers in arms length of each other. I'm on the internet enough at work that I'm not gonna get it at home.