57 years ago tonight : the Big Bang!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dougjwray, Feb 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    No lip syncing or miming in effect... one tight little unit with some real potential!
    These few minutes put me on my life's path. (Me and few other people!)

2. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    And of course, the kid featured in these songs singing and playing perfectly while looking cuter than a baby chipmunk and reaching the last row of the room like a Broadway veteran, turned out to be a musical genius and the most successful songwriter ever! Duh!

3. KohanMike

KohanMike Gold Supporting Member

Yep, me too. in 1965, at 15 years old, I took six guitar lessons, then played for almost 50 years, then 7 years ago when I retired, took up the uke (with some inspiration by George), gave up the guitar, then a year later took up bass ukes/mini bass guitars with a little influence by Paul. At 71 I'm a happy camper playing with a seniors uke group of about 50 people.

dougjwray likes this.
  4. This was a nice live recording. Certainly showcased each of the boys. Yes, I know the mix is bad.

5. fretlessbass

fretlessbass Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Me too—as I’ve told anyone who asks! Hard to believe it was that long ago.
    Never let go of that dream either...although it’s a lot easier to pursue with a monthly social security check...

6. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Yes, they made it look so easy, and lured us mortals into lives of starvation and sacrifice!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022