1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

8 string basses any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ADU, Feb 22, 2008.

1. well these kinds of 8 string with the electric and bass together look look and i want to know if its worth it and if the sound is like a proper bass? i know most have 2 output jacks so you can play it on 2 amps but is it worth it from a bass point of view and is this one any good ?

http://www.rondomusic.com/hxb408fretless.html

2. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    I don't know about that one exactly, but 8 string basses rock.

For a clue what they sound like listen to later zeppelin - nobody's fault but mine, acchiles last stand, that whole album is 8 string bass. Jeremy by Pearl Jam is 12 string, but you get the idea. Stir it Up by Bob Marley is bass & guitar, but locked so tight you'd think it was an 8.

3. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    It's one better than a swven string...:ninja::D

4. Ten Four One

Ten Four One

Dec 5, 2006
    > Scale length is 35"

WHAT! The extra strings are enough tension without adding an extra inch. I'd rather go for a 32" scale 8 string than a 35" scale 8 string. (Still looking for someone that makes a 32" scale 8 string drop-in Fender replacement neck...)