Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

8x10 Really Cheap!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Davehenning, May 11, 2004.

1. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Anyone in the NY tri-state area want a Peavey 8x10 for $200 OBO? (very negotiable/ blown tweater, but the other speakers still work)

I am moving soon and need to get rid of this cabinet. I just don't have the time to sell it properly. I also don't want to drag it across the US with me and I really don't want to put it to the curb for the garbagemen, so if anyone wants it, let me know. It would make a great coffee table!

2. Any info on power handling? Weight? Is there switch/attentuator to turn off the blown tweeter? I'm not sure I could transport a cab of this size, but this seems like a deal worth investigating. Thanks.

3. What part of Ny is the tristate area? is that the Ny, Nj Pa type area? if so I may be interested in seeing what we can work out.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If you would like to ship, I'll pay for shipping, even if it's a huge amount, I'd love to take it off of your hands.

Peace
    -Ben

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ben, shipping is likely to be in the neighborhood of $75 to $100. However, I think it's still a steal. Just letting you know what you might be in for.

6. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    definitally interested, if you could find out the exact shipping to 53538 that'd be cool.

What modle peavey is it, and how old (doesn't really matter it's a steal, just wondering)

peace
    -Ben

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the quick replies.

I have been out all day(too tired, need sleepy!) and I will get whatever technical info to you guys tomorrow.

As far as tri-state location, I am on LI, just about a half-hour from midtown.

8. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Ok, I took a look at the Cabinet and it is a Peavey TX series 8x10.
    800WTs @4ohms.

I could not figure out what the tweeter was, but I do know it is blown.

I am the only owner, I purchased it new in 1995.

It is dusty and has some wear, but whadaya want for $200!
    :D

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    If you can't work out a local sale, definitally let me know what shipping will be to 53538. I'll even copensate you for time and the act of actually packing it.

Peace
    -Ben

10. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    I'm in Syracuse.. might be interested. PM or email me!

11. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    The 8x10 has been sold.

12. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Ohio
    I'll give you 400 dollars shipped

13. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You should have made an offer earlier........ it went out the door for $150!

But I do have two Ampeg 8x10's with roadcases that I am trying to get rid of as well, but they are in another country right now and I cannot get to them for a while.

~Dave

14. Ooo! OooH!

Me interested.

Keep me updated on these. (I just want one).