Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by widefat, Jun 25, 2004.

1. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    :rollno: what people will spen their money on huh? :confused:
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I saw the title of this thread and thought, GIVE IT TO ME!
  3. $7 million for a drug and alcohol rehab. uuggh. i dont disagree that monet needs to be spent in that area, but wow. too abd that kinda moolah wasnt raised for a cancer research... :meh:

and just wow. :eek:
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I guess people are entitled to the right to spend their money how they wish. 1 million for a Strat is a little extreme to me.

Almost as bad as Lennon's final signature for 1/2 million.

At least in went to a "cause", instead of some rockstars bank account.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Who could possibly need a tax break that huge !?!?
  6. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    You'd be surprised how many could. The guy who probably bought that is mega-loaded. When you hit the upper class tax-bracket, you get screwed by the government. It's almost like the government saying to you, "good job on doing well for yourself in life, you have now incurred a penalty. We need 50% of your money or you go to jail for tax evasion." If any of you get rich in the music biz- get a good tax accountant. If I was loaded, I'd have bought that guitar. It's a piece of history and you get nearly a 1 million dollar right-off.
    Keaneu Reeves made so much money from the Matrix movies that he gave nearly one half of the income to a particular charity. Why you ask? So he gets to keep the other half. Other wise big brother gets it. Who would you rather have it?
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

8. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Seems kind of cool. The money goes to a charity. Very cool.
  9. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
  10. Not to contradict you, but I bet cancer research sees quite a bit of charity money, but it's probably not through the selling of artists guitars, so less publicity. Clapton is doing a good thing though, especially if he believes he won't ever miss that guitar.
  11. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    does anyone know if Bill Gate's son is learning guitar ?