1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

A few silly question about Boss ME20B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vasskraft, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Hi

Forgive me for asking a few silly question about a Boss ME20B.
    I hav had this Boss ME20B for a few years now. The thing is, i have never really become friends with it. Its way to confusing for me. Actually i only use the pre-set sounds in the sound bank. So i have decided to buy a few stompboxes with the effects i really need (overdrive, chorus and octaver - for a start.

Now here it comes:
    1) Can i connect the Boss ME 20B to the FX-loop on my amp (Hartke HA 3500), and use it only for volume, tuning and compressor.
    2) can i get just the compressor effect from the ME20B without any other effect?
    3) How do i get just compressor effect.
    4) Is it a totally hopeless idea?

My set up is:
    G&L L2000 Tribute
    Hartke HA3500
    Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x15

Hope to get some good answers :bassist:

2. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Since it'll be in the effects loop I'm not sure you can effect the volume as such? I'm probably wrong and as for compression, I think from previously owning one you press the second foot switch and use the left most knob to select type 1 then Tailor your compression to what u want(I think)

3. That makes sense with the volume. Actually it seems logic that I can not effect the volume through the FX-loop.
    I will try the compression later tonight.

Thanks a lot

4. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    No problem bud