A good cab for matching an Ampeg V-4B RI

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Xavierbass, Feb 17, 2018.

1. I currently play a Mesa D800 through a 410HE and I just ordered a V4B from sweetwater. I have no doubt it will be an amazing combo, I just need to test out at practice to see whether or not one cab will provide enough volume. The 410HEs can be had for super cheap used and are true workhorses. I got my US made one for $200 in good condition from a mom and pop shop by my house.

Xavierbass likes this.
  2. Xavierbass

Xavierbass

Mar 16, 2016
    Chile
    Tell then what do you think about that combination!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Tested it out on Saturday jamming with my drummer. It's loud! Gain and master set to 12 o' clock was plenty of volume in my basement to keep up with the drums. Tone is the best I've ever had at both low and high volumes and I haven't even played around with running my effects through it. Love that power tube distortion that you get once you start pushing the master volume. I may run two of the SVT410HEs for certain live shows just for the headroom and to have speakers closer to my head.

JimmyM and Xavierbass like this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021