A Legend Falls: Feedback

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MiniMoNK_17, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Hey guys. My band recorded an album in September 2004. First studio experience, didn't record to click-tracks, etc. We play metal, athough the newer stuff (not yet recorded) is more progressive. Can I get some feedback on the quality of the songs?

If they don't stream off the site, then go here:

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The first clip was pretty cool, the bass has a good tone. The singer needs a little work though and the "melodic" intro parts to all three songs are repititive and boring

Pretty typical metal to me. The singer sounds like he is trying to be Maynard
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    So, you guys are into some crazy time travel thing, huh?

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Damn it Woodchuck you beat me to it. :hyper:

I'll listen when I get home, work sucks for new music.
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Overall I thought it was ok except for the singer. He really breaks the band.

I thought it was a bit Opethy, and sounded a bit weak (probably due to the lame singer). The band is good, although it is a bit generic sounding. I can't comment on your bass playing, since I listened to these through tiny computer speakers (damn pure volume).

Keep writing - it can only get better from here.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I agree with Benny Strange, musically it's not bad, but the singer is really bad, ie. out of tune, weak voice. It does sound thin over all, but maybe that's a result of purevolume? Some of the guitar parts got repetetive and moer screamo than prog, not bad though. I think you and the drummer are on target though.
  7. bass_guy33

Jan 24, 2004
    Nice work as always Casti :bassist: