1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A very special (and unique) Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by berklee46, Sep 25, 2008.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    Not to make this too heavy, but a few months ago, when my preemie daughter came home after a few months in the NICU, I decided to splurge on a gift for myself to celebrate the fact that she was such a fighter and the miracle of how much progress she'd made from her original 2 1/2 lbs. :D
    100_0033-1. IMG_1872-1.

Anyway, Roger Sadowsky agreed to build me something special and different from what he normally offers. For that I'm extremely grateful and really shows why almost 20 years after buying my first Sadowsky, I'm still coming back for more. I'd go out on a limb and say that there probably aren't many 24 fret Sadowsky "Musicman-style" basses out there.

The bass should be in my hands any day now, but I wanted to show it off and also thank Roger publicly for going out of his way to make my special bass...well...special. He's truly a gentleman and a class act.

SadowskyMM.

I ordered this bass as sort of a "one-off" so I don't know if this is something Roger has any plans on offering as an option. :bag:

2. adge

adge

Jun 8, 2006
    sydney, australia
    congrats!

any chance we can get the specs? or at least something to tease us????

and congrats again man!!

3. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    Wow! I was thinking about a MM sadowsky 2 days ago...

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

WOW!! Glad the baby is feeling healthy

Rob

5. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Nice, I want a 5'er! :bag:

6. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    The bass is beautiful, and I'm sure you are going to love it. It is very cool that Roger agreed to the special bass for you.

Far more important than the bass, though, is your daughter. I'm so glad she is healthy. Congratulations, Dad! :)

7. phatduckk

phatduckk

May 24, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    very nice!!!

you're daughter's super cute too! :)

8. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Congrats on the baby and the Sadowsky - may both be blessings to you for years to come!

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Beauty and happiness all around.All the best to your new family. :)

10. xk49w

xk49w

Apr 13, 2008
    Wow the bass is a beauty. Daughter too. Mine (daughter) was preemie, weighed 3lb 10oz as I recall. Had a pneumothorax and a brain bleed on day two. The whole deal was horrifying. She's now 23 and getting her masters from FSU.

11. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    :eek:Wow:eek:

Nice.....

12. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Congrat's dude,

cool bass too.

13. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Congrats!!!

My first daughter was premature also, weighed 3lbs 8oz. She had to spend a month in the NICU. The doctors and nurses who worked in there when we were there were simply outstanding, and I have the utmost respect for what they do every day.

Oh, and the new Sadowsky looks great, too!:)

14. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Hey OP, you have cute little daughter!:cool: My youngest was premature too and she is happy and healthy now also. That Sadowsky of yours is something special.;) I hope you can post clips or get on Youtube some time soon.:bassist:

15. 2minkey

2minkey

Apr 23, 2006
    seattle
    holy pants that is a gorgeous bass, and the kid looks good too! great work on both!

16. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Very cool. Nice grain on the ash, too.

Enjoy!

I'm sure it sounds better than any "genuine" MM bass. . .:bag:

17. steve21

steve21 Banned

That's awesome.

And the bass is nice too.

Glad to hear about your daughter's good health. Hope she continues to stay healthy.

And what a cool Sad.

18. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    God's blessings on your baby and your family and may you have many enjoyable years of playing the sadowsky.:)

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    very special and indeed unique!!!

and yea, the bass is nice, too. :D

20. Beautiful bass and baby. :) Congrats on both!