1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acme + Schroeder

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CanadianBass48, Nov 28, 2006.

1. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Has anybody played a Acme cab along with a Schroeder? I am just curious as to what it would sound like. These cabs seem so different. I have only played through a Schroeder, of these two cabs. Anyway, I'm just curious. I don't even know if it would sound good.

2. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Italy
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    Yes I did!!!
    I did a live recording using both my 1210R and my Acme LowB 1, vith my AI Focus serie II.
    The punch and presence of the Schroeder matched really well with the depth of the Acme, but I won't use this combo live, too scared to destroy the Acme speaker...maybe a LowB 2 would work better!
    Anyway, I've got a really great sound out of this combo!!!

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I've tried my 1210 with either an EA CxL-112 or an AccuGroove Tri112L. The CxL matches up especially well, assuming you want two cabs that have very different strengths. The CxL/1210 stack is really loud too. I used an iAmp800 to drive both cabs at the same time. The AG/1210 stack works better with separate amps for each cab due to sensitivity mismatch, and I'd expect the Acme to be the same.

4. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    Different sonic attributes with each cabinet - the Acme has a much bigger natural low end while the Schroeder has a bigger mid bite (and can get honky if you overdo it).

I hooked up my 1210 and a B2 to my Stewart 2.1 - in a living room it could be a good match, but the Acme required so much more power just to match the volume of the Schro, it would be damn near impossible to mix n' match the two in a live setting without risking a fried woofer. I've fried way too many Acme drivers to risk doing that again!

Lonnybass

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i tried my old 1210L w/ my old acme b-4, and it was quite the combo! the kick of the schroe was balanced nicely w/ the fat thickness of the b-4. i did have to jack the acme side for it to keep up w/ the rather midrange voicing w/ the schroe, but with a stereo power amp, it can be done.

6. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Thanks for the info guys. :cool: I would think that you could match your volume of the two cabs if you would run them on seperate channels, right?