Acoustic AB50

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HelloJerk, Feb 9, 2009.

1. HelloJerk

HelloJerk

Dec 28, 2008
    La Jolla, CA
    A friend of mine just picked up one of these Acoustic AB50s from GC today. I went over to his place to check it out, and noticed that it had a bad hiss, and a crackling sound coming from it. My friend didn't notice the noise until I pointed it out, but once I pointed it out to the guy it was obvious to him. :bawl: We switched out instruments and cables and checked it out with a number of different combinations, and it just had this bad sound to it. I checked out a few reviews of this practice amp -- including one here at talkbass -- and noticed that this is a common problem. I just wanted to warn anyone who was thinking about buying one of these amps that they are apparently hit or miss. :rollno:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Acoustic+Amplification/AB50/10/1

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021