1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Active & passive bass - Need to be able to quick switch

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by ZonBass18, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ZonBass18

ZonBass18

Jan 1, 2014
    I have a Spector with active electronics & a 4003 Rick that I need to have roughly the same output to my amp. I would like to run two separate cords for fast switch between songs. Any ideas?

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Look at the Radial Tonebone boxes for starters.

Gearhead17, Munjibunga and frnjplayer like this.
  3. frnjplayer

frnjplayer

Feb 3, 2014
    Radial Bassbone and the EBS Microbass are both 2 input boxes. I'm sure there are a few more out there as well. Maybe even one of the super cheap little 4 channel mixing boards

ZonBass18 likes this.
  4. Sansamp deluxe models.
    Boss blender mixer pedal.
    Any of the Wounded Paw blenders.

ZonBass18 likes this.
  5. WayneP

WayneP Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    ZonBass18 likes this.
  6. ZonBass18 likes this.
  7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Bassbone /thread

ZonBass18 likes this.
  8. Possibly you're already aware and it just went without mention, but does your bass have an internal gain trim pot? It looks like there is a model (or models) with and without.

with

spector_tonepumpaa.jpg

bp-4.jpg

w/o

spector_tonepumpjra.jpg

I've adjusted Bartolini and Hanson preamps in different basses so that the push/pull active/passive output was equal.

ZonBass18 likes this.
  9. keto

keto

Mar 3, 2016
    Edmonton
    Clean boost in chain, off when using active, on with the Ric and balanced output of the pedal to match the actives?

ZonBass18 likes this.
  10. ZonBass18

ZonBass18

Jan 1, 2014
    Yes Mine has the trim pot on it - Perfect solution (Thanks, I would have never seen that)

drpepper likes this.
  11. Musky Bandit

Musky Bandit

Aug 30, 2016
    That's what I do to even my P-bass out w/ my L2000 (even in passive mode it's much hotter than the P). I use an EP-booster. In the past, I've used an MXR 10-band EQ for the same task, with the added benefit of being able to tweak the tone a little if you need/want.