Aftermarket Stingray Pickup Covers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MojaveVox, May 9, 2021.

1. MojaveVox

MojaveVox Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Hey all,

I've got a Stingray that came stock with a white pickup cover, but I'd like to swap it out for a black one, problem is I can't seem to find any domestic (US) aftermarket sellers of such a thing, and Reverb's got nothing either. Love to hear anyone's sources or advice, I reached out to Ernie Ball themselves to buy a part, provided my serial number and all, and I've heard nothing for months.

2. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    Goatrope and MojaveVox like this.
  3. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    I'm a little confused by this website, I assume you can't buy direct from here?

4. Cavemanfrmc

Cavemanfrmc

Apr 11, 2021
    Click on dealers.

5. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    I did, but I'm just seeing Aero pickups themselves carried by their American distributors, no mention of pickup covers anywhere, I guess I'll call them.

Cavemanfrmc likes this.
  6. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    It mentions ordering direct from them. So I would imagine you can get their full line of products from them directly.

MojaveVox likes this.
  7. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    AliExpress, Donlis music .

Screenshot_2021-05-10-23-36-32-011_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Screenshot_2021-05-10-23-38-46-741_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Their mm pickups sound pretty good on cheap Sub Ray4.

I been remove the pickups cover for A and D magnet pole piece raise adjustment. Easy handling.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  8. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    Thanks, but I'm only looking for the pickup covers, not replacement pickups.

9. I was thinking about swapping the black pickup cover on my Stingray for white. Would you consider a trade?

InstantEctobass likes this.
  10. BobKos

BobKos Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2007
    For some reason I think EBMM will sell you one if you contact their CS department. Worth a call...

selowitch likes this.
  11. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    PM me!

12. I was under the impression that they cannot be swapped without changing out the entire pickup?

13. He mentioned you can remove the covers, so that might be the cheapest and easiest way to get covers you want, and then you also get a pickup you can put your white cover on and sell on CL after LoL :)

Yahboy, Aqualung60 and MojaveVox like this.
  14. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    I believe that’s only the case with the 5 string Ray models

15. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    MM pickup cover. Every pickup maker has one. Every pickup maker makes replacement MM pickups. Random no name companies sell them also. See, 8 bucks. Screenshot_20210510-104903_Samsung Internet.jpg

16. king rew

king rew

Feb 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I changed from black to white on my stingray4 years ago, I asked EBMM customer service, I recall it cost 20$.

eadg98005 and MojaveVox like this.
  17. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    Seems like my best bet is to call EBMM themselves, thanks, everyone.

18. N4860

N4860

Mar 28, 2017
    Kitchener
    I believe the Stingray Specials have their covers glued on which might make it difficult to swap. Same goes for all SR5's. So just keep that in mind unless you have a pre-special Stingray 4.

MojaveVox likes this.
  19. MojaveVox

Apr 30, 2016
    Mine's a slab-bodied Classic, so I think I should be good.

N4860 likes this.
  20. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I did this with my old stingray. I called Ernie Ball’s customer service and they sold me a white one for $12 and shipped it to me.

MojaveVox likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021