Aguilar GS112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alistair R, Jan 29, 2006.

1. I'm looking at getting a new cab, possibly a GS112.

I already have a Behringer 4x10, but i need something for smaller gigs and practices. Would the GS112 be a good choice? I am yet to try one out, but another possibility could be the Eden 112XLT, how do these rate against they aggie? I will have about $1000 AUD to spend ($750 USD)

I will be running a GK 700RB-II through it, how do GK's go with aggies?

Thanks! Any other suggestions are welcome :)
  2. dude, you have to tell us what sound you're looking for!

btw, both cabs should be well under $750
  3. Well, im looking for something growly, with good low end, something thats clear and defined.

I'm from Australia, everything is a lot dearer here. So, $750ish maybe, $690ish would be a top price for a GS112.
  4. try out a eden 112

just go to the bass centre they got those cabs and GK heads to test em out for yaself
  5. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    try to find a labsystems 115 hlc if you can (the bass centre has run out of stock on these). they sound great with the GK's. oh yeah; the bass centre has eden 112 xlt's for $860AUD this month BRAND NEW.

i think that there was a thread QUITE a while back comparing the eden 112's with the aggie's.
  6. Why don't you check out the GK Neo 112. I've heard very good things from people who have paired this up with a 700RB-II.
  7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    My GK1001 head works well with my two Aguilar GS112's. I also have the GK NEO 112 and I also really like this cab. Its different. Much less scooped and more round and warm, it's lighter too.
    For rock I'd say the GK is the ticket, for R&B, slap, etc, the GS112 is mo' betta. Just my two cents.
  8. Will do.

9. Looks like the GS112 would be better then.

Thanks for your help.