Ain't no party like a p-funk party

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by remainthesame, Aug 23, 2013.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

Sep 24, 2008
    Hey guys, I just came back from Parliament Funkadelic and it was AWESOME!!!

Man, what a rhythm section. The drummer and bass players were grooving hard. The singers (and of course Mr. George Clinton) were great and the guitarists blew me away. Everybody brought their A game tonight and I'm glad I got to see them.

I don't know his name (if you can help me out that would be great) But one singer kind of snuck around to my the side of the crowd and faced away from everybody. He had the really deep voice, and he was trying to go unnoticed. He did a bit of singing but he was also acting as an invisible hype man. I saw him from the get go because I was 5 feet away from him. He turned over to see if anyone had noticed, we made eye contact. I grinned at him as if to say "I see what you're up to" and he started laughing.

2. I wholeheartedly concur. Glad to hear they're all still on the one. Was it Lige Curry on bass?

3. ben23c

ben23c

Aug 2, 2013
    Couldn't be more jealous. Glad you enjoyed it!

4. remainthesame

remainthesame

Sep 24, 2008
    It was him, couldn't mistake that mustache. There was another bassist who played for a couple songs too but I couldn't get a good enough look.

5. A.Diva

A.Diva

Dec 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I am also filled with jealousy. Momentarily, the neighbors will experience my jealousy! *queues up One Nation Under a Groove - the ten minute version* :D

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021