Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AKG Headphones

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Hookha, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Hookha

Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    what do you think about these headphones?
    they will be good enough for ear music and connect them to the bass amp?

Sennheiser HD201

24 Ohm Impendence:
    3m Cable Lenght:
    21Hz - 18,000Hz Frequency Response:
    108dB (1kHz/1Vrms) Sound Pressure Level (Spl):
    Circum-Aural Ear Coupling:
    3.5/6.5mm Stereo Jack Plug:
    Dynamic, Closed Transducer Principle:
    165grm Weight w/o cable:
    < 0.7% Total Harmonic Distortion:

Attached Files:

2. I use Audio Technica M40fs for most things but they're flat responsive. They make the D40fs for bass response. These sell for like 70 bucks or so but they're EXCELLENT cans.

3. I'd be opt to using the sennheiser HD280 phones. I like the M40fs for monitoring but for drum and bass recording you gonna want more low frequency response. The 280's would be a better choice, spend the extra money and you'll probably be more satisfied. Good luck.

4. jokke_v

jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway

I bought the HD280 phones about a month ago.. They're really great sounding and detailed as far as I have experienced. Only thing is that I wonder if I should have bought open-air phones instead of closed. They let in very little air/sound, and having them on with no sound gives a very muffled feel to the ears.

I'm not completely sure if I had bought them again, but I'm not complaining. I got them pretty cheap (about half the price of what most stores sell them for), and they have been treating me good.

5. They are designed to be an isolation type. I'm a drummer as well as everything else so I need phones I don't have to crank up when I'm recording drums. My M40fs kind of distort when they're cranked up but I can't hear the music unless it's blasting cuz I play drums so loud. I've never used isolation phones so I don't know if they would work or not.

6. Erm, I don't get it. The OP titled the thread "AKG Headphones" and then proceeded to talk about Sennheisers? :D

Get yourself a pair of AKG K240S cans. Open air, over the ear. Studio standard.

Hope your bass amp actually has a headphone out?