1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Albums that just getcha'

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by lowregister, Oct 14, 2009.

1. lowregister

lowregister

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison, WI
    Hey all, post exactly 1 album that you listen who's bass lines are one of your favorites. This could be the notes, rhythm, tone, effects, chops, whatever!

If you could, find a picture of the album and tell about what 'gets' you.

I'll start.

Portugal the Man: Waiter! You Vultures

[​IMG]

This takes the cake for me. I can seriously not figure out how he gets his tone--despite seeing his live pedal board and his bass. This is one of those albums where the bass gets its own spotlight while fitting in neatly with the rest of the mix. It's an alternative band.

2. Origin of Symmetry for me. Nearly every track has a fantastic bassline, even tracks that are slower and more simplistic like Megalomania and Screenager, whos basslines impart a moodyness unlike any other. And imho, Futurism's bassline > Hysteria's, if only slightly, although i enjoy the entirety of Hysteria better. Bliss is also one of my favorite Muse songs due to the bass's and synth's interplay. Overall, my favorite album from any band ever. Ever. :D

Attached Files: