1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Alembic Basses.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by keavin barnes, Nov 29, 2006.

1. keavin barnes

keavin barnes

Nov 22, 2006
    22163. :bassist:Who plays them?

FC Bass likes this.
  2. keavin barnes

keavin barnes

Nov 22, 2006
    This is my 1972 vintage alembic bass serial Number12..........how many alembic users & what do you think about your alembic?

3. I played the one below when I visited Bass Central. It was beautiful, and definitely well built, I just didn't like the tone. This was when Gard was still working there, and he gave me a run down of the controls and I noodled for a while, but couldn't find a tone that I couldn't live without. It has, well, that Alembic tone that people either like or don't like. I also could never see justifying the expense. I mean, it was built as well or better than anything I have ever played, and the same aesthetically, but a guy could pick up two used Fodera's for the price of an Alembic.
    [​IMG]

4. Yeah, you going to take that to a GIG!!

BAHAHAhaha,

Somebody bring me my p bass...

5. Wow. Sorry that image is so big.

6. Someday, when you get a little bigger, you can get a paper route and start saving up for nice things. When that happens you might not laugh at people for having a bass that doesn't look like it was dragged behind a bus for 37 miles.

Bob_Ross likes this.
  7. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Looks pretty good on stage to me:

8. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    As of the last couple of months I do. Absolutely the best bass I have ever owned. Not the greatest pic. My dp skills still leave something to be desired.

alembic.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love Alembic basses! I get GAS pains every time I see them (especially Series I/II models and the SC models). Maybe someday I'll get one, hopefully with a graphite neck!

10. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I heart my Alembic bass! I found a sweet deal on a used Epic 5, and it made my day.

11. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Look away now.
    My 1980 Series 1 and my Clarke Deluxe. Must take a better pic of this one.

I love mine. Nuff said.

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I want to marry your basses. I've said it before, but that Series I is just ridiculously hot! I wonder what the going rate for a kidney is...

13. jwbassman

jwbassman Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Nice! :bassist:

14. keavin barnes

keavin barnes

Nov 22, 2006
    them some Badass lembics dude!!!

15. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Thanks. Yours is one funky looking Alembic.

16. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I dig my Alembic. It took me three used ones before before I settled on what I wanted in a custom. Worked awesome in the studio and sounds great live. Here's a link to the bass:

http://alembic.com/club/messages/411/18002.html?1114829229

Keavin,

What the control layout on your bass? Looks to me a variation on a Series II. Is the hum canceller hidden?

Bones

17. If I could afford to, I would...

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Some of their basses are just gorgeous. I do feel like I would need a degree in electrical enginerring to understand the electronics though :p

19. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    It's actually really simple in practice. Full open is just a very flat widerange response as that's how the pickups are designed. Rolling off the filter cuts the top similar to a standard passive tone control. The Q settings add a peak at the filter roll off frequency that emphasises the leading edge of the picking transient or 'pick attack'.
    Explained in more detail here.
    http://alembic.com/club/messages/16271/16350.html?1107707914

20. tbrannon

tbrannon

Jun 11, 2006