1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All my Matamp Gear STOLEN!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by TaySte_2000, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    http://www.tayste.co.uk/2013/03/28/the-day-all-my-gear-got-stolen/

So not having a good time as of late, please see below details of what's gone and what to keep an eye out for.

So a full list of what's been taken and what to look out for

Mine
    Matamp GT200 (Red tolex, black faceplate with Custom Made for Ste "TaySte" Taylor in the top right front, three power switches with one labeled tayste)
    Matamp Bass200 (1 of 12 ever made, red rolex, black faceplate with Custom Rebuilt for Ste "TaySte" Taylor in the top right)
    Matamp 4x10 (red tolex, in black with red edging and stitching roqsolid cover)

Tom Crane
    Peavey XXX Head with custom front panel
    Marshall Mode 4 angled 4x12
    [​IMG]

James Holman
    Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w Head
    Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 angled cab
    (Both sprayed with JH and OIL on them)

Escape The Justice
    2 1980's 1x15 PA Speakers
    800w Power amp
    1500w Power amp
    Behringer Mixer

I'll Stay In Memphis
    Marshall 4x12
    Orange 4x12 (might have a flightcase base with wheels, as we still have the flightcase lid)
    4 string bass
    Peavey PA 2 1x15 cabs
    Peavey PA

So this entire rig (though this is brand new pics it's tattier now)
    9fnyhl.

This head (Bass 200)
    2vtup90.

Close up of the heads (and who they were made for)
    2diftlc.
    2mczwbc.

If you see any of this gear just let me know, try and get details so I can go to the police.

Share around please and thank you for your support and help

Stolen from Stockport, UK

2. Sorry, man. Where and how did it get stolen? Out of a club? Vehicle? Your house?

3. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    Damn! So sorry. That must suck immensely.

(also, your link doesn't work)

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Practice room, they did this to a metal shutter

[​IMG]

5. Ugh. There's nothin' I hate more than a thief. Hope you get some leads, man.

6. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks I've fixed the link

7. Hawkbone

Hawkbone

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    Sucks man! Was it a targeted thing? i.e just your space or were others hit?

8. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    Sorry to hear about that, man.

One thing you do have going for you is that I don't believe the thieves have any idea what they have there. This isn't your 'run-of-the-mill' stuff. Matamp is rare, and rarer still in the livery you have. I'll bet that they think they can flog it easily, as they probably could with more generic equipment.

Reminds me of when someone stole all of Tom Petty's guitars. Just try selling that stuff on the sly!

Good luck with the hunt for these low-lifes and I hope you get all your stuff back soon.

I used to play through a 1970s Orange/Matamp head. Huge sound.

9. Here is hoping the thiefs get their hands caught in a chain saw :spit:

I had a mint '62 Jazz stolen from my car once :(

10. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    (I vaguely remember a saying that sanity is loving what is lovely, and hating what is hateful.)

So:

I @#!!!#!ing hate the @$#!!#@!@ers who took your gear. I wish them serious harm.

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    The good news is, that amp and cab are pretty much one of a kind. No one is going to be able to sell/play/show them without it being noticeable.

12. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    This is my worst nightmare, I wish you all the best.

Doubtful it will make its way overseas, but if I ever see any red Matamps, I'll make sure they aren't yours.

13. +1 goodluck. How you get it back & quickly. Also hope these thieves get theirs!:mad:

14. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    There's a market for such things in pretty far flung places, so if they were together and organised, they could be sold fairly far out of sight. Thing is, if they aren't and they realise how hard it will be to offload, the evidence gets destroyed.

15. that sucks man, did you not insure your gear?

16. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Just our room, it's an industrial unit in an industrial estate, very targeted came with the tools for the job, no one else touched even the studio (which is advertised as a studio) 2 doors down was untouched.

Only been in the room 3 weeks, moved out of my other one of 6 years as I was worried about security.

17. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Mine is but the Bass 200 they made 12 of so can't get another and the GT200 has heavily customised and the 2 band version (like yours) which they don't do anymore.

Same story with the 4x10 its like 4-5 years old and Matamp can't get the speakers now.

So I'll be getting new Matamp stuff, but it won't be the same and thats the really upsetting part, maybe it's better but I think no matter how good it is I will always miss this gear.

18. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Man I hate this I wish them nothing but a painful death I'm still hurting about my truck being stolen five years ago it's something you never get over ever.

19. Well maybe if you can't find the stuff Matamp would be willing to build "replicas" of your gear where possible. Hope they get returned to you safe and sound.

make sure you scour through your local classifieds and craigslists etc. see if they pop up anywhere.

20. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Well it's going fairly viral shortly won't be anyone in Manchester who doesn't know about it.

Can only hope that because it's so unique it turns up or hell returned (I think I'm dreaming a bit here)