1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

All the things you C#?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by clochard, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I'm looking for the score of Mingus' All the things you C#, and it seems it hasn't been published.
    Perhaps someone who played the arrangement before could give me pointers on the chords and structure?

Thanks in advance,
    Hugo

2. I did not even know of this song before this post.
    A quick youtube search, and I got this...

Mingus At The Bohemia
    and this..
    All the Things You C#: Charles Mingus - YouTube

Other than the intro and the outro, this is "All The Things You Are". For pointers on the chords and structure, learn "All The Things You Are". Once that's learned in a basic manner, then the rest is the Rachmaninoff intro..

using modern chord names...
    D7/A , G#7 , C#m... (bass line = b6,5,1 like the well used ATTYA bass+piano intro...makes sense right?)
    And the counter melody based on that throughout the head in.
    Here's the actual music for the piano prelude in C#m...
    http://www.free-scores.com/download-sheet-music.php?pdf=9130

In-spite of what the first link writes, I did not hear strong references to "Claire de Lune". If it's there, it's more subtle and I'd have to listen to both pieces again more closely to hear it.

Wow... google, youtube the Internet...it's crazy what's available and how easy it is to access it.

3. Salut Longfinger, thanks for your answer.

I had the impression the chord progression was different than attya's, I mean for the solo part as well. I see you beg to differ.

Thanks for the free-scores link, I honestly didn't think it was available.