1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aloha

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by jim1457, Mar 29, 2006.

1. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    This place looks pretty cool, I'm glad I found it.

My name's Jim. I play bass in a rock band called "Southbound" (but carpentry pays my rent). We play at various bars and clubs around here (island of Oahu, Hawaii). Mostly classic rock:bassist: and blues:cool: . Sometimes a little reggae or local style, it depends on the crowd. My personal favorite is playing the hard drivin' classic rock for the military crowd. (Sabbath, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Mettalica, etc.)

I was actually searching for a subwoofer and wound up here. I'm looking for a sub that will keep up with my Electrovoice EVM 15B series II (speaker) without needing more watts than my GK (400RB) can put out. I get a little lost with all the technical stuff that's involved with speaker designing :confused: , but I can build a good box. I used winISD to design the box for the EVM 15B and it came out good. Now I just want to beef up the bottom end. The EVM only goes down to about 58hz, but it sure is loud. winISD rates the SPL at 103db!