1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I the only one looking for country?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by PolgaraXI, Sep 24, 2010.

1. PolgaraXI

PolgaraXI

Sep 22, 2010
    Not having much luck finding tabs or sheet music for country songs. I need People Are Crazy by Billy Currington, Gunpowder and Lead by Miranda Lambert, Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood, etc etc. I have found tabs for the very simple songs out there, but these are much more complicated. I have tried to transcribe by ear, but it is VERY slow going. If anyone out there can help, please let me know. I would even be willing to buy sheet music for bass guitar, I just can't find it anywhere. :bassist:

MaryCarolyn likes this.
  2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas

3. I hear you! That's about as rare as seeing a photo of a bassplayer in Rolling Stone magazine. Thanks for the links to the previous member!!! I love country but tend to favor old-school like George Jones, Willie & Waylon, Hank, etc...But if anyone has sheet music to Montgomery Gentry bass stuff, I'd gladly buy it from you???

4. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
  5. It's just the root and the fifth :bag:

6. Yeaahhh...........right??? Are you from the Chris Squire/Geddy Lee/Jaco worship group?

7. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud

Jan 12, 2010
    Ok People Are Crazy, in F. It has a 6m in it. That's all you need to know to play that song on bass.

Assuming you know the Number System and know that a 6m in a six minor. In F that would be a Dm.

8. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Often enough, if I'm playing country, I make up a bassline based off of the rhythm guitarist.

9. PolgaraXI

PolgaraXI

Sep 22, 2010
    Ok, I have just spent 3 hours going over all of those sites and none of them had the songs I am looking for...

10. Seven6

Seven6

Dec 3, 2010
    Missoula, MT
    +1

There is a pattern to a lot of it but that can be said of a many types of musical genre. Online tab is scarce it seems IME.

Check out the latest Bass Player's latest mag 'Play Bass!'...in stores now. Sorry, I can't find a month or issue number.

It contains a great article for country cord cues etc. by Ed Friedland. This may help with walkups that are outside of the I V.

11. jeepin_jer1

jeepin_jer1

Dec 19, 2010
    Mukwonago, WI
    To anyone looking for country bass tabs, I joined a country band earlier this year and have been tabing the songs as I go to share with other bass players. I too have been searching for good country bass tab and never find any. I may post up a list of what I have done later.
    Let me know what your lookin for!

12. PolgaraXI

PolgaraXI

Sep 22, 2010
    Thanks for the help, Jeep, I actually needed 2 of your songs. :)
    I need to modify for your tabs though, I only play 4 string bass.

Sounds like we play alot of the same tunes. My band plays both country and rock. The only songs I still need are:

Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me by Keith Urban
    Kerosene and White Liar by Miranda Lambert
    What Was I Thinking by Dierks Bentley
    My Baby Loves Me by Martina McBride
    My Give a Damn's Busted by Jo Dee Messina

Any help is greatly appreciated

13. Eric Wilde

Eric Wilde

Oct 3, 2013
    jeepin_jer1,

You are awesome! I've found this and other tabs you've produced incredibly helpful.

Country is a genre with which I'm generally not familiar; but, I just got into my first band (at the tender age of 45 years) and your efforts really saved me a lot of time in learning the songs.

14. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Yeah learn the number system. It doesn't take long. Then, if you ever need a chart, come back and ask. Odds are I have most country smash hits from the 90s up charted already. But even if I don't, I could chart most songs pretty quick. You can probably find a bunch of charts online as well.

There is NO NEED to learn country bass lines note for note. I have been to dozens of country concerts. THEY don't even play it exactly like the record live. So why should you?

15. phoenixjmw

phoenixjmw

Jul 9, 2013
    The original line to "loves gonna live here" by Buck Owens. As simple as it sounds it keeps throwing me off. Just seems the walks are in a strange timing. It may be the song that really got me to play bass and I still can't play it correctly. Argg! lol

Aparently Doyle Holly (bass player) is something of a Nashville legend ...

16. hermzy

hermzy Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Plymouth, WI
    For all of us looking for more country tabs, let me suggest this... go over to Country Tabs and request Bass tabs. The more people that request them, the more likely they will post them. Who "they" are, I'm not really sure, but it couldn't hurt. Here's the link:

http://www.countrytabs.com/requests/

I have one for "Kiss My Country Ass". I watch this list frequently and would be happy to add my name to any song you want to request. If we all return the favor, maybe we'll get some of the songs we'd like.

17. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I've been on a country kick lately, 80's and 90's stuff like Vince Gill, Randy Travis ect. The bass lines are pretty simple to figure out without tabs or chords.

I have no clue about modern day redneck pop country, so it may be a different animal

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021