1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Am I worrying too much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toadsmacker, May 10, 2010.

1. Hey guys, quick question here.

For some reason I've got the mindset that Active basses won't last as long as Passive basses. Maybe this is because I believe that the internal wiring will eventually wear out or something, but I'm not entirely sure why I always think this. Anyway, I've got an Ibanez ATK300 (active) which I'll love forever, and I hope that it will last me forever. But with my stupid prediction as to the future of the bass, keeping it alive and well forever seems impossible.

So I'm just wondering, do you guys think that I'm worrying to much and (with the proper care) my beloved ATK will stay along my side for many, many, years to come?

2. Exploiter8

Exploiter8 Demons run when a good man goes to war

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest
    Commercial FREE!
    My '82 and '86 are still as "active" as when I bought them new! Don't worry, play happy! :)

Just change the battery once a year or so.

X8

3. actives dont "burn out" when the signal gets a bit funny swap out battery as a first mesure. it will usually remedy the problem.

4. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Your worry is an idea that got inside your head somehow and then got wildly out of control. Stop worrying.

5. Yup. Keep in mind that sometimes a pre-amp can get fried, but passive electronics can crap out, too. So can amps, speakers, cables, strings, etc.

6. NateS

NateS

Sep 22, 2009
    Richmond, VA, USA
    i would figure that the wiring for the active preamp would corrode as fast as the wiring between the tone pots on a passive bass...wire is wire