1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amazon Deals WITH Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by tastybasslines, Mar 16, 2015.

1. FingerDub

FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    All the time? It was only once that I know of.

2. grocker

grocker Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Ormond Beach
    Use to be fairly often but I believe that places like musiciansfriend contacted Amazon and probably Aguilar because that is a thing of the past.....

3. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Not as cheap as they’ve been, but not bad- $29.52 fo the violet one as I post this...

Robot Check

Amazon is acting goofy right now due to prime day- this is for the SpectraFlex FatsoFlex 21’ straight to straight instrument cable.

4. os2k

os2k

Dec 24, 2012
    central ohio
  5. Fred312b

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    KJMO likes this.
  6. floydman

floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    1 left. Who's gonna do it!

7. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

This could set up a new business model:

1. TB member #1 sells used gear to GC for a low, low price.

2. GC marks it up.

3. TB member #2 buys same gear online for marked-up price but gets free shipping and free returns.

Overall result: same net funds to both TBers as current process of paying PayPal and Brown Santa to send gear from coast to coast. :roflmao:

8. How about TB member #1 sells gear directly to TB member #2 and GC pays the shipping.

kranahan, R&B, TolerancEJ and 2 others like this.
  9. He wasn’t talking about the country, he was talking about Mexico Guitar and Pawn on 18th St., but I don’t think those guys are gonna pay for shipping. No way.

10. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Off topic...what’s a demerit in TB world? Is that like a strike system or were you required to run laps or something like that?

11. Fred312b

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    You have to practice scales and technique and NOT be on TB for a week :D

I could use that, actually...

R&B, japhy4529, Flacco and 3 others like this.
  12. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

Here's an example where I got 2 pts for posting a meme that had a curse word in it:
    Rule #2 Violation: All profanity must be completely covered with asterisks, or substituted with "@%$#" symbols Feb 6, 2012 2 May 6, 2012
    If you click on your avatar it will list warning points under your stats. Granted I was never able to do anything with these points like trade them in for a sticker or a stuffed animal.
    I'd think that after points get to a certain level it sends out a warning to mods/admin to alert them someone's being screwy....that's when the people show up at your house for the "mental reconditioning"...hope you like Beethoven

troy mcclure and purpleflyhunter like this.
  13. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I'd like to tell you but am afraid that I would get an infraction...

Basically, be respectful, don't cause trouble, keep your posts civil, no cussing, and occasionally a mod will still get fussy about something really minor.
    Hey we're all human, it happens.
    I will say that the few former members I have seen banned really deserved it.

We've also lost a few really good members because of BS posts.
    This is especially true for tech info when a member has a huge amount of expertise, and some idiot challenges this and won't let it go. This can contiune into other posts and create bullies.

OTOH, I have seen some really qualifeid folks become condescending and mean spirited when challenged about really minor stuff; just anal retentive behavior.

Everybody is a tough guy and an expert on the internet.
    My suggestion is that if you make a statement be prepared to back it up.
    And, be humble.

redstrand likes this.
  14. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Good news for me is I’m neither tough nor an expert on the internet...(or anywhere else for that matter.)

I mean, I’ll skillfully slap a bass but that’s only if it’s warranted.

Jim C likes this.
  15. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

The thing specifically I was referring to originally here is that you are not allowed to talk about politics on here, also religion if I remember correctly, and it is pretty strictly enforced in my experience.

Bob Clayton likes this.
  16. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    I'm very thankful there can be at least one place I can read things without politics. What froghat said wasn't bad for me, but it is a slippery slope, I s'pose.

17. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

What if this thread goes back to being about Deals on Amazon ?

pcake, morrisonhendrix, R&B and 4 others like this.
  18. BEADG63

BEADG63 Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
  19. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    Believe it or not there is another amazon deals thread for those who can’t handle the chatter.