Amazon shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dkelley, Mar 23, 2020.

1. I just heard that Amazon shipping is about 4 weeks, prime or not, starting yesterday.

Yep

a friend found that to be true - something ordered on sat is coming in 3 days with prime, 2 things ordered yesterday with prime show april 19th delivery.

So helpful for the entire world that's sitting at home being told we need to shop online instead of going to brick and mortar stores.

Thoughts?

2. howardf

howardf

Jan 28, 2020
    Ordered something this morning that will be here Saturday. Ordered a second thing that will be here Thursday. Ordered a couple of things last week that are due tomorrow. I'm surrounded by distribution centers.

3. Interesting! I know I have something coming tomorrow that I ordered on Friday.

I just added one prime item to cart and it says "get it free (prime delivery) by april 20th". or I can pay $3.99 and get it by friday march 27th.

So maybe it's possible to get stuff fast still, but prime has become moot?

4. Something is supposed to be domestically shipped today- here by Thursday, supposedly- Fed Ex not Amazon.

Will remain hopeful

dkelley likes this.
  5. ok I just tried a different prime item (both were full on prime before the weekend), and this one shows free prime delivery by this wednesday, or free next day delivery by tomorrow.

assuming that's true and won't change once you submit order, I wonder why?

6. howardf

howardf

Jan 28, 2020
    The actual source of an item probably factors in. If they have it in your local distribution center, you can probably get it quickly. Stuff that has to move through their internal distribution is going to take longer.

7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    We're all going to have to start calibrating the seriousness of our complaints.

8. What do you mean? That could be interpreted a lot of ways :)

In my case, I'm asking firstly because my wife needs me to order a natural health care product and we are concerned about how long it could take to get here now.

Also I need to order instrument strings (violin in this case) - and yes this isn't my primary job any more (music) but I still get paid work doing remote sessions, and I never had to worry about whether I'd have strings for a session in my past.

Finally, with online ordering becoming the only recommended way to shop soon (they just implemented policeable fines here for not following social distancing rules), groceries could be arriving using shipping systems like this.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  9. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I meant it as generally as possible. Our every day complaints are becoming less and less reasonable. Stop and Shop didn't have the overstuffed chef boyardee ravioli I like. Only regular stuffed. Of course Amazon is gonna take longer for deliveries. Why wouldn't they? Things are different now.

Mili, slobake, CapnSev and 3 others like this.
  10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    $20, for two cans... I'll throw in a roll of TP, if you order now.

Wisebass, JRA, JimK and 4 others like this.
  11. k, because as I noted in the rest of the message you just replied to, it's for an important item for health, and an item I use for my side business which I'm continuing to work at while I'm at home. It's not about ravioli brands.

Otherwise it's hardly worth creating a thread about.

So back on topic - looking for more experiences from people about this since it is, as per my OP, a real problem since we're rapidly being moved into only being recommended to shop online for everything, not just your favorite ravioli.

I'm legitimately concerned.

12. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Ravioli sounds pretty good right now.:woot:

Wisebass, Guzzi Toad, jerry and 5 others like this.
  13. it does, yea LoL. damn, that seed is planted now!

bobba66 likes this.
  14. 9Thumbs

9Thumbs

Jul 3, 2013
    Near Boston
    I get the free 5 day delivery, but the last order, I get an email on the last day, saying the item(s) will arrive by late April, I think that they may have just gotten too big. Once they force all other businesses to shut their doors, we will be in big trouble

dkelley likes this.
  15. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I really didn't mean your problem isn't important. It's definitely more important than my ravioli issue. But your strings and natural healthcare product will come, eventually. It sucks that it's taking longer but as of right now, they're on the way and that's as good as it gets for the moment.

Wisebass, juggahnaught and dkelley like this.
  16. True. However it's a big change in how we do our planning, each of us, in our lives.

Now we need to order at least 1 month in advance, where as before, thanks to paying for prime memberships specifically with delivery timelines in mind to compensate for that prime cost, we could order several days before something is required.

In my wife's case, this affects her migraines very seriously, and she'll be without the treatment for possibly 3 weeks (since original expectation was end of this week for delivery).

Yes, it can be worked around, but not without a rather huge and possibly detrimental delay of several weeks now.

I still want ravioli now though :)

Gorn likes this.
  17. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/amazon-prime-deliveries-delayed-up-to-a-month-amid-coronavirus/

S-Bigbottom, JRA, GregC and 3 others like this.
  18. Tommy V

Tommy V

Feb 19, 2019
    my last few Prime orders are clocking in at at least one week delivery time.. those are things that i order monthly, and usually get next day from the DC about 8 miles from here... I also ordered a replacement N95 respirator and filters (worthless for COVID-19, but excellent for SC pollen while mowing a few acres of ragweed).. that order is pushed back to the middle of April.

dkelley likes this.
  19. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps!

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Okay, but the big question still remains.................what sauce to use with the ravioli? :)

dkelley likes this.
  20. Come to think of it, for the previous week, when I was ordering stuff online with prime and there was an option for next day delivery for free, that option was never working properly and would throw an error in the website when I'd try it. Could be a coincidence...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022