American dad, thumbs down

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Special_Ed, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Anyone else get sick of the same old tired and done to death formula the entertainment industry uses to create it's "entertainment" these days?

American dad, like the simpsons, family guy, king of the hill etc. is getting old fast. Yet another cartoon about some stupid middle aged white guy and his "not so leave it to beaver" family.

I loved the simpsons but this formula is getting old. I love watching the "comic view" on BET so it's not about me getting offended about the show making white guys look bad. Its just that I keep seeing the same old formula rehashed over and over. No originality.

Reminds me of a southpark episode were cartman was "robotron2000" and was in an entertainment corp office. They would ask him for movie ideas, he would rehash the same line about Adam Sandler having to do some quirky thing to get a million dollars inheritance and they kept thinking each one of those ideas was brilliant.

I have a new idea for an animation TV - show. It's called "Joe Blow" Joe Blow is an overwieght stupid sloby white guy with a loser job, he has a little son who is always getting into trouble, a teenage daughter who is rebelious and a wife that loves poking fun at him.

An episode could be were Joe Blow needs to watch his little baby boy while the rest of the family goes shopping for clothes. The baby runs out of formula and Joe Blow runs out of beer. He only has 5 dollars in his wallet. When they get to the store he comes up with the idea to buy beer and mix it with flour to make it look like milk. He spends his 5 dollars on a six pack goes him and drinks beer and feeds the baby the beer flour mix that looks like milk. The baby and dad get drunk and end up in a bar fight. Mom walks home and the baby is all drunk and cursing and burping loudly as he is fist fighting Joe Blow. She scolds Joe Blow and Joe Blow being clueless finally realizes his idea was not very parental.
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    So, ummm, how's this thread working out for you? :)
  3. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    Fox Inc. just called. They want to greenlight my cartoon idea for a million dollars!
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Ok . . . well . . . good luck with that . . .

BTW: Is there some reason you didn't want to post this in the EXISTING thread about "American Dad"???
  5. Special_Ed

Oct 3, 2004
    This thread isn't going the way I thought it would...... :eyebrow:
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Close, it was the Awesomeo 3000.

What a great episode.

btw - all of you guys are missing the intentional irony of this thread. It's a rehash/rerun of the other thread. It works on a lot of different levels. I'm suprised most of you didn't get it.
  7. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    :D :D :D

It's a great day when a new member finds his catchphrase. It's an even greater day when it's this amusing. :D
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Screw that. I'm stealing that catch phrase. I'm gonna have a laugh track, and everything. Just you wait and see.
  9. KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    I love "King Of the Hill", Hank Hill rules!! :bassist:
  10. Snare->Crash!
  11. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hang in there, dude! Believe it or not, I think they are starting to like you...
  12. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Ah, *screw* American Dad. I'm going to write my *own* cartoon, with smart dads . . . and hookers . . . .

. . . oh, who am I kidding, forget the smart dads . . . :bassist:
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I have better luck with "*rimshot*"

The onomatopoeia thing doesn't always come across so well on the internet.

brad cook
  15. That does work better than "ba-dum-bum" too.

16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's also better than "ba-dum-Chshhhhh..."

brad cook
  17. Isn't Homer Simpson...yellow?
  18. I would say more like Goldenrod. Or a Burnt Orange.

Rock on
  19. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Amazing show.