1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp Modification?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robbob11111, Mar 9, 2008.

1. robbob11111

robbob11111

Mar 3, 2008
    Does anyone know good places to send amps to get modifications done? I have seen some places online that mod guitar amps like Voodoo amps, but do they or other people do mods for bass amps like changing an effects loop or different transformers or circutry?

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    AFAIK modding is not so common with bass amps.

What are you looking for?

3. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Most amp guys don't do a whole lot of work on solidstate circuitry, but if it's a tube amp, any of the guitar amp modders will probably take it on.

4. robbob11111

robbob11111

Mar 3, 2008
    I was asking more out of curiosity than seriously considering it at this point so I wasn't looking at having anything in particular done. I was looking at voodoo amps with my guitar player and it said things like tighter more responsive bass, increased sustain, more articulate. I just wanted to see how common it might be for bass, how well it worked and if it would even be worth thinking about. I have an SVT 2 Pro so I should be good on the tubes.