Amp/speaker bags/cases?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by drurb, Oct 25, 2005.

1. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Well, thanks to all of the good advice I received here and via PM's, I ended up with an EA iamp200 and a Wizzy cab. I didn't get the combo because of the extra flexibility that separates provide. I'll have a separate post on my impressions but I wanted to pick your brains regarding options for hauling around the pair.

Can any of you recommend some kind of soft case that might hold the Wizzy cab and the amp? I'd even consider separate cases. I've looked around a bit but it seems most efficient and helpfult to just ask the gang here.

Thanks for any help.
  2. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Tuki Covers used to make custom covers for any cabinet.
    I'd email them and see if they make one for the Whizzy. It's
    my understanding that they only have stopped doing custom orders. I'm not sure if they have a carrying bag. If you're looking for a bag like they make for the GK, unfortunately the dimensions
    of that bag are probably to small for the Whizzy.
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    When possible, I try to get EA's covers, as they are always very nice, and I like the crushed red velvet interiors. But for some items, they did not have covers for me, and John recommended Under Cover. They have build me several covers (including two Wizzy covers), and they do a great job.
  4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Contact your local drum store. I know there is a place somewhere that makes custom padded drum cases -- round or rectangular. A friend of mine got custom cases.
  5. For the head, Zzounds is starting to carry equipment bags with hard side inserts under the "World Tour" name that are offered in a ton of different sizes. I scouted all over for a case that was a good fit for my iAMP350, and they have one that's darn close to perfect for not a lot of money. Of course, they're backordered so I haven't gotten mine yet, but it seems like it's worth the gamble.

click here
  6. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    Thanks very much for all the replies. In an effort to keep costs under control and to solve the amp cover, speaker cover, and hauling problem, I ordered one of these:

The Wizzy, iamp200, and all associated cables along with the other "stuff" should fit nicely. It's got wheels and a handle to boot!
    I thought others may benefit from this type of solution. If it's a mistake, I can always return it under the 30-day zzounds policy.

Thanks again.
  7. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    FYI, EA does have covers for all their cabs and combos as well as bags for the heads. They real sharp and have thick padding. The Wizzy one is currently out of stock (new mfr.) but they are expected in again in mid-November.

Disclaimer: I sell EA stuff
  8. drurb

Apr 17, 2004

Thanks BG.
  9. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Doc, how did that bag work out for you?
  10. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    Funny you should ask just now. I think the bag is fantastic. I've hauled the rig all around and I just can't imagine a better solution. The thing is built like a little tank. Had a gig last night where I had to walk up a ramp and seemingly another half-mile to the room. I just pleasantly rolled along! I was thinking about how awful it would have been to carry the rig that distance.

All that being said, I must give full disclosure. The night before last, I grabbed one of the handles and some of the stitching ripped away. I should have grabbed the pair of handles. Still, it should not have given way. One phone call to Zzounds and a new bag is on the way along with a shipping tag to return the original at THEIR expense. A fine company.

Despite my experience, I think the bag is great. It is NOT constructed cheaply. I recommend the thing without reservation. Gee, and it's under $100!!!