1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg PF500 combined with what cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sublab, Dec 25, 2011.

1. So here's an Ampeg noob question:

Can I combine an Ampeg PF500 with just about any cab? Or are they only made for the Ampeg flip-tops?

:bag:

2. In general, you can pretty much combine it with any cab(s), as long as the cabs' specs (wattage/impedance) match up. I would use the cabs that were made for it, but that's just my personal preference.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Right, as long as you don't go below 4 ohms (one 4 ohm cab, one or two 8 ohm cabs) you can use any cabs.

4. You can run it with an SVT 410-HLF. I'm getting a PF 350 to run with mine.

5. Well, I'm running an Eden Nemesis 400 trhough an Ampeg Classic 410 and don't much like the sound of it. The Eden sounds rather dull and the PF500 just seems good quality at a very reasonable price. I like the tone from my cab though. Will add a 115 in the future.

How do you guys go about finding the amp/cab match when you may or may not be able to try and match lots of them?

6. Read reviews, ask the reviewers, ask the owners/users, ask the engineers who build them (you can find such people here on TB), search on youtube.

Matching 410/115 cabs is not ideal. Technical reasons exist, but the short answer: dual 410 sounds better than mismatched combinations.
    Which Ampeg SVT 410 do you have? HLF or HE? The 410-HLF is 4 ohms and cannot be added with another cab using the PF-500.

7. It's the HE Classic 410, which runs at 8 ohms I think, have to check that. Anyways, thanks for the input!

8. Oops... I wrote the 115 cab instead of the SVT15e linked below. It's the SVT15e that I would match with my SVT410he and add the PF500 on top. What do you think?

Ampeg: Classic Series - SVT-15E

9. Any Expiriences with a PF500 and a 2x12" Cabinet?

10. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Temple, TX
    I'm thinking of selling my SVT-3pro and going to the PF500 with my Genz NeoX212T. Anyone try that combo out? Has there been any reliability issues with the pf500? I do work quite a bit for different groups and won't have a back up for a while, so I would need reliability.

11. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    A pair of those SVT-210’s would be my choice for versatility, portability, value and true Ampeg tone. Stack them vertical, when you need two cabs.

;)