Ampeg V4B or svt 3 pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPKobane, May 18, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    V4B - zero comparison in my opinion

2. What do you think of pairing it with a PF 115HE. I'm trying to keep the cab to around 45 lbs or less. Also, any thoughts of pairing it with the Mesa Subway 115'or any other neodymium cabinets.

3. morgan138

morgan138

Dec 10, 2007
    Boston
    If you don't mind your low end getting overdriven when you push the amp hard, I'd go V-4b all the way. Much better-sounding than a 3pro as long as you don't need a ton of clean headroom.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    If you like the big lows of the 410hlf, I think you'll like the PF115HE, too.

5. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
    I would go V4B any day. Best tone I ever got out of an amp.

6. Bass 45

Bass 45

Jun 23, 2011
    Tempe, Arizona
    I did a lot of gigs with a V4B and a Heritage 410HLF. I thought it was a great combination because you could cut the bass on the amp - and there was still a lot of low end due to the design of the speaker cab - so the amp did NOT have to work as hard to produce the low end.

7. tbird46553

tbird46553 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2012
    North Central IN
    I've got one of each. I'm very pleased with both. Slightly different tone-wise but great sounding none the less. I think it comes down to look and physical use. Weight against "HOW COOL IS THAT VINTAGE V4B!!!!

8. V4B!
    With 2 115s (Fender Bassman Pro Neo cabs ) it gets very loud.

Chas49, jdubbass38 and Dp1363 like this.
  9. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    I'd go for the V4b because t00bs, but there are days I miss my old 3PRO. It was a solid reliable workhorse of an amp with versatile controls and great tone.

Dp1363 likes this.
  10. jdubbass38

jdubbass38

Mar 20, 2009
    Ampeg v4b, tone for days!

Dp1363 likes this.
  11. V4B - all the way! I used to have a 3-pro - great but not the same - all tubes are way better!!!

Dp1363 likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021