1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amplitube Tones in GarageBand for iPad?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by fdnl13, Jun 1, 2011.

1. fdnl13

fdnl13

Jun 1, 2011
    I love using GarageBand on my iPad2 to come up with song ideas. However, I prefer the amazing tones I get out of the Amplitube Fender app to those available in GarageBand. Has anyone figured out a way to get the killer Amplitube tones into GarageBand?

I've thought of recording a bass track to a click in Amplitube, exporting it, and importing it back into GarageBand (which, as of today, you can now do in GarageBand!). I'm just not sure I'll be able to place the imported bass track into GarageBand and have it stay perfectly synced.

2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Atypical, not a typical...
    If it is to a met,or you remove "Snap To Grid" in the view menu, you should be okay.

3. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    That could be great to combine GB and Amplitube. But talking about recording, Amplitube on iPad is great and the recording studio app in Amplitube is impressive, BUT the click/ metronome will appear in the recorded track, so using click in amplitude during recording is useless! That is the biggest flaw of Amplitube. Ampkit have the same flaw but to lesser extent, and there are more options regarding click/ metronome in Ampkit. I would love IK multimedia to address that issue more than anything else.

4. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    the click becomes part of the recorded audio? if thats true, that program is completely useless.

5. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    No, the click is not part of it. Disable the click after recording and export.

6. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    Well I do get a "ghost" of the click in the export, it is not as loud as the click while playing but I can still hear it!

7. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Then you are doing something wrong. Do you have a mic enabled? If you record directly into any recording program, your click should be able to be turned off. If not, you need to read the manual to see what it is you are doing wrong.

I am now starting to understand why people think recording stuff is hard, as there are problems like this that make most users scratch their heads, and I have never run into these things.

8. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    I really hope i do something wrong, but mic is off. I put the click on, go to the 8 track recorder, start the recorder, play, stop the recorder, turn off the click. But when I play the track a ghost of the click is present. The higher gain I use (i.e. Drive/ distortion) the worse it gets.
    I also miss an option to control click volume, and even sound type. Could be nice to be able to choose snare or kick drum as click. Ampkit have these 2 options, but the ghost click on recorded track is there as well. GarageBand doesn't have this problem. I use iPad 1, and I've addressed this issue to IK.

9. kaputsport

kaputsport

Nov 14, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    That is the problem, I think. Are you recording in GB or with another piece of gear?

10. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    I have only iRig which I use for all apps

11. The (tedious) way to achieve this is, I believe, to export your GB track to iTunes, sync the iPad, import the iTunes track to Amplitube Songs, move to the 8-track recorder, record guitar on another track, mute all tracks except newly recorded guitar, export using file sharing to copy to Mac, import file to GB via iTunes sync, import track in GB.

I haven't tried this myself. The fact that one must use a Mac in the process is ridiculous. Copy and paste is the way to properly do it but it's not available in Amplitube. I hope they stick that in there.

12. FSSimon

FSSimon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Sept-Iles
    I just got the iRig. The device is nice but has serious crosstalk issues. This is due to the input and output being too close together. This, in fact renders the amplitube multitrack recorder useless...

I'm interested in hearing about any mitigations to this.

Yeah, turns out the iRig yields better results with Garage Band than with Amplitube - ik's own software.

How ironic and strange...

Here are 3 clips I did real quick today:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/fssimon/nxt5-laid-back/[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  13. IK Obi

IK Obi

Apr 4, 2011
    That is not normal. Please contact our support and we'll get it figured out.

14. palkom

palkom

Jul 9, 2005
    Hello, did you ever got it figured out? I'm having the exact same issues.

15. Duke21

Duke21

Nov 14, 2010
    Narvik, Norway
    Possibly the noise-gate in GarageBand is on per default. But do yourself a big favor and buy a better interface like the iRig HD/ Sonicport etc.