1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

analog tape

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by jimmyjames, May 18, 2011.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Waves just intro'd this.

Kramer MPX Master Tape Plugin | Waves

Waves usually does a very good job with their plugs. And well known artist will provide their favorite presets.

Is it real or is it .... a plugin?:bag:

2. How about starting a new thread about tape emulators? I'm sure jimmyjames was not asking about plugins.

3. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    Seamonkey, the reason people get personal is because they get frustrated with your agenda.

Your arguments are seldom addressed as to do so would be to give them a validity they don't deserve, added to the frustration incurred by your habit of not addressing rebuttals and ignoring any facts that disagree with your premises.

Your lack of experience in the real world (the basis from which most of us argue, not the other way around, i.e. defending the theoretical in absence of practical considerations) makes it harder to take your opinions seriously.

You said tape is different, not better. I agree, because better is subjective. But if someone likes that difference, and decides to use tape to get that result, why is it automatically better to seek out a digital solution that will emulate the results you would get with tape? Just because it is newer? Just because you can? just because you said so? Just because you said so again? And Again? And again?

I just don't understand your need to convert everyone to your religion.