1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Angry

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nqabassist26, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Don't you hate it when you pick the "2 day express" delivery option for 30 bucks more and then they estimate your delivery time for 7 days after your order..

Its been 3 anger filled days for me.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Can you try getting a refund on that charge ?

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've cancelled orders because of that.

If I pay for extra shipping, you ship it NOW, or I go somewhere else.

4. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I agree with Tim.

5. Im not sure I can cancel at this point, its been 3 days. I guess I learned my lesson though..Standard shipping is the way to go =p

6. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    +1

im with saxnbass and tim. thats the (insert usps, fedex, ups) service for you.

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Not music related. Moved to Off Topic

8. yeah, i just did that too--i needed a chem book for class, so i paid the extra money to have it shipped in 2 days, but it took a week for them to ship it!

however UPS did bring it in 2 days ;)

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

If that's all you've got to be angry about - then you must have a very sheltered life!! :eyebrow:

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It is annoying to have delays like that Bruce, there's no need to start commenting this guy's life.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Slightly annoying - maybe - but angry...?

Angry about the state of the world, angry about war, terrorism etc. - now that's undertandable!

12. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    :meh: = :rollno:

13. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    it's shocking, but i kind of agree with bruce.

yes, things like that are annoying, but no need to actually get angry over them.

but i agree with the fact that if they say 2-3 days, it should be there in 2-3 days after they ship. that's just the way things should be done.

14. Curry46

Curry46

May 21, 2006
    I'm pretty sure it is "shipped" in two days, it just isn't moved from the company to the shipping company immediately. So they're not lying to you when they say 'two day express delivery,' as the actual delivering is just two days...

Which is pretty much stupid.

15. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I had a guy in PA ship me some CD's once. Priority mail, 10+ bucks, mailed Thursday Got there Tuesday.

The he mailed one the following week, put 39 cents on it and it delivered the next morning.

Needless to say, now we use the First Class route.

16. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Inactive

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Shipping times, and costs, is one of the main reasons I harley ever shop online.

I love buying books on Amazon. Says overnight delivery, yet it takes 3-7 days.

How does that work?

17. LOL, ok maybe angry was an inproper word. Ok I am currently annoyed (and still havent gotten my package), but I guess what I meant by angry was that umm, well, I paid 30 extra bucks for nothing. I just don't have much patience I guess..

18. I used to work for purolator.. If express shipments didnt arrive ontime. They were free. Not just the overcharge, but the whole shipping cost...

19. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Living in a very rural area, I've learned to chill out about these things. As an example, a recent order from a large internet store had an estimated delivery time of three days. Actual time? Two weeks.

20. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    In that case give me $30. If losing that money isn't a big deal to you, you must be rolling in money.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021