1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Another Doug Wimbish question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gojiras_Hejira, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Gojiras_Hejira

Gojiras_Hejira

Feb 9, 2010
    I am completely effects-illiterate. I have no idea what an "evelope filter" is. But I love watching Doug go!

What does he use live for the chorus of Bless those (Annie's song).
    It's just super-deep, super-heavy bass - impossible to hear on the album or youtube, but if you've seen them live, you know it sucks the breath out of you.

(1:32-1:50)

And the obvious second question: Why doesn't he play it wide-open all the time?

~Jimm

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    don't know the pedal but it's some sort of overdrive. the reason he doesn't use it all the time is because doug knows the importance of dynamics and building tension and releasing it. btw, never knew he could sing so well...great song...never heard it before. used to be a fan of theirs back in the day but haven't heard any newer stuff.

3. Gojiras_Hejira

Gojiras_Hejira

Feb 9, 2010
    Thanks. I saw Mike Stern once and he said:

"Like Jaco used to say, "What do you MEAN dynamics? We're playing as loud as we can!!"

LC is one of the best live acts around today. The albums... just get 'Stain'.

4. Gojiras_Hejira

Gojiras_Hejira

Feb 9, 2010
    Hmm. Like I said, I don't know effects so most of those names mean nothing to me. I know it was on the floor (of course he could've been triggering any thing, anywhere...)