Another Lame Craigslist Bassist Wanted

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by TonyFranklinFan, Jun 16, 2009.

1. This is funny, coming from a sad sad musical town...

"If you are looking for a band, then we are looking for you. We are in search of a bass player. A good one. We are a very aesome rock group. We have regualar weekly radio play, we play shows. We make kick ass music. We just need a bass player. so here is that catch before we go on any further.
    Be a sexxxy motha****a. you need to have a look that is consistent with our direction of the band. The least important. We can always make you look good though.
    be able to pay atleast $120 month. we are a band, everyone pitches in.
    Really importnat. since we aren't made of money yet, we can't kjust buy you gear, so have your own available and ready. No bunk rigs. We have nice ****, so should you. Oh yeah, be between the ages of 23 and 30. Old guys rock, but don't always look cool with younger fellas,. be down to have fun because aside from how hard we work at practice and writng material, it is all about having a good time in a comfortable environment. so don't bring your ego to rain on our parade.
    thanks, get back to, if you are interested!"

This guy can't be serious!:rollno:
  2. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Can we bring good spelling and sentence structuring?

Or would that not be cool for the image?

Someone, ask them.
  3. ninjasmurf

Mar 18, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    ''be able to pay atleast $120 month. we are a band, everyone pitches in. ''

Sounds good...
  4. Well I'm ugly as sin, so that leaves me out.
  5. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    You get these from time to time ... here is another from awhile back

New band needs bass player (Sherman)
    Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-20, 2:05AM CDT

We are a new band, wanting to be a full time band.

That includes doing it as a profession not just a hobby, and giving it everything we have.

We want to play something that is raw, fun, and marketable.

All 3 of us are either 17 or 18 so it would be cool if you were the same age of older.

Also no combo bass amps, only full bass rigs.
    Tube is prefered, but if you have a really good solid state bass head it will do.
    Ampeg, Aguilar, Mesa, and other top of the line bass stuff is preferred.

We all use top of the line stuff( Orange, Egnater, SJC custom drums, Madison) so please do the same.

Before all the Craigslist cry baby's start crying about me forgetting there precious GK. Im sorry we have standards and GK is completely not in them.

If you feel like you might be interested e-mail me or txt me 903-818-9384.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1083269758

:eyebrow: ... Another one from California ...
  6. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    LOL :eyebrow: :scowl:
  7. Lovely. Just great. I guess with their years of experience, they should know what works. Anybody wanna buy my GK rigs? I'm so ashamed.
  8. UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    It looks like Kenny's said that now.

Why hate on GKs man? :)
  9. René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008

Sorry Kenny, fixed it.

Unless you want it like you said it. :eyebrow:

10. Why hate on GK's???'Cause they lack in quality!!!!Yeah,right.But,Madison is OK.......Go figure.By the way,there is a LOT of combos out there that will more than do the job for a gig.Shows how much those veterans know.
  11. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006

:p ... That's funny I'm 55 ... that was a "cut and paste" from a CL ad I saw once.
  12. strings42

Feb 16, 2009
    Marietta, GA
    I'm kind of ADHD, but I honestly couldn't even read all the way through that with all the spelling and grammar errors. If you're that bad when you should be trying to present yourself *well*, I doubt I want to work with you anyhow. Not that I couldn't use the gig, just saying ...
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't think requiring folks to be prepared to pitch in some money every month is a bad thing - practice spaces cost money to rent.

other than the age thing, i don't find this to be -that- bad of a posting, although if they are serious as they want to be taken they should have at least proofread and spellchecked the posting. that's, you know, like ... easy, dudes. :eyebrow: that and the gk slag - that was uncalled for. a lot of bassists way better than their band could -ever- deserve play gk's.
  14. J-Building

Jan 1, 2009
    I hate gear whores. :mad:
  15. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    :scowl: this is why i tend to not tell people how old i am untill AFTER they hear my band(s)

anyone who makes a big deal over what you look like, or what *specific* gear you have, is a moron. "profession gear required" is enough, and even that should be spoken for..

they all say how they have monthly/weekly/whatever gigs- but they dont have a bass player? whats up with that..
  16. Anyone who would answer either of those 2 ads is a complete fool.
  17. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Amen. If they don't care about the post, how could anyone expect them to care about their music.

Remember, half of the people you meet today have an IQ of less than 100.
  18. Chipsonfire

Jul 20, 2007
    Socorro, NM
    I don't know what I like more, the fact that you get it or the fact that you said it. SOOO many people don't understand IQ; it's nice to see someone who does :hyper: [/minirant]
  19. mikenewman@fron

Nov 29, 2008
    I noticed Victor Wooten was running a gk rig at bass day 1999. So, sorry Vic no need to reply.
  20. bluesbass99

Jun 14, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Yes, this is just part of the dumbing down of this country. I live in Atlanta and check Craigslist ads periodically. Many of the ads posted here are pathetic. If they could have just spent a little more time on spelling and basic sentence structure, they would have been better off. Seriously, if there are any dumber CL posters than the ATL area, I would like to know who they are.