1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Electricians?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Honk'n_down-low, May 10, 2010.

1. Planning for a new above ground pool installation and I am trying to determine the cost to run power. Need two circuits a 20Amp and a 15 Amp ran from my house a distance of approximately 75 feet. The power lines have to be underground so trenching has to be done for the power and the ground wiring around the pool. Pool is 33x18.

Anyone that has installed a Pool or an electrician with experience - can you throw me some ball park numbers of what I can expect to pay? I am in the Northeast - not sure how much this type of work differs region to region.

Thanks!

2. as long as you are digging a trench consider extra circuits in case you need later......and if possible,any others you might need,ie telephone land line etc.....a little research into the code and you might save yourself some dough by digging and lining the trench yourself,usually a specified depth,and gravel etc....

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    That would cost you $1000 around these parts. Do all the grunt work yourself, and you could save $600 or $700.

-Mike

4. Thanks guys - anyone else with experience and cost?

5. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    Not sure if any of this will help, or is new info, but...

An independent electrician will likely be less expensive than a large electrical contractor.
    Some people insist on handling the entire job, start to finish. Others are happy to charge an hourly, on site rate for a consultation and let you have at it. That person is also happy to know that you'll probably call him back to install lights, switches and GFCI's, as well as tie the feeds into the panel.
    If for what ever reason trenching is not your thing, I know it's not mine, consider a landscaper, they're sure to be cheaper than a licensed electrician.
    Also, as already mentioned, lay a second 1" conduit for low voltage applications.