1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Info On An Old Peavey MAX 800 watt?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by UnkaRick, Sep 21, 2008.

1. UnkaRick

UnkaRick

Sep 21, 2008
    NY
    Hoping to find any kinda info on obtaining a Manual, Schematic, or just plain old fashioned Folklore about an early 80's Peavey Max, (Multi Access Amp) 800 watts, with it's own built in travel case.

Attached Files:

2. UnkaRick

UnkaRick

Sep 21, 2008
    NY
    ..how about anyone that still owns one or used to have one?, just to answer a couple questions about the back panel access, and bi-amping .. Thanks,....

3. bosshog

bosshog

Aug 27, 2010
    hi i still got one couldnt bear to part with it. first appeared 1983. i used one between 1994-99 with vincent flatts final drive all over the uk. europe, costa rica and the whole lenghth of florida. this one is the beast. i used it with an ampeg 8x10 cab which i re-fired with special powerful large magnet speakers. awsome on outdoor festivals. this one needs a cage to keep it under control:bassist: i will try and load manual for you...if i can convert the file love and peace x

sorry its a wierd file type but you can get it from peavy support on site

4. UnkaRick

UnkaRick

Sep 21, 2008
    NY
    Oh yeah...she's a bear....I use Her when I don't feel like putting my old 73 SVT thru the abuse.. Like outdoor gigs and stuff

but, I was wondering if you ever use the XLR output on the back of the pre-amp, instead of using a DI box?..

I tried it once at a club, but the sound guy said it was sending a weak signal, so I never tried it again... just wondering if I was missing something ...or maybe it was because I scoop the mids out on the EQ

Thanks
    Ricky K

5. Plstrns

Plstrns

Feb 4, 2010
    Texas
    Peavey Combo 300 preamp + CS 800 = MAX

If you had one of those back in the day, you where big time:D

6. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I had one.. the sound guys always preferred a floor DI... I never asked why.

7. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    i thought it was the MAX preamp + the CS800...

anywho...send an email to Peavey and ask them for a schematic and manual. They have always happily emailed me pdfs of what ever old thing i was looking for when requested.

8. UnkaRick

UnkaRick

Sep 21, 2008
    NY
    I LOVE the case for it, with the front and rear panels... I wish every amp manufacturer would do that

9. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    Always wanted one....

Hang on to it!!

10. spcmstrbtasp

spcmstrbtasp

Oct 19, 2006
    Athens, GA
    I've been waiting years for someone to post about one of these-

I have one, and it is a beast to move- that's for sure. The last time I took it out on gigs was in 2003, and I used a furniture dolly to move it and 2 Bag End S15Ds. I could move the whole stack onto the stage that way though (in the venues that had ramps):D.

I acquired mine from another player who acquired it from the bassist in Man or AstroMan? I'm not sure where he got it, but after he did, he had a car accident. All his gear spilled all over the highway. Guess what survived to play the next gig? The PV Max!

-Spc

PS- now I use a Markbass LMII for most gigs...but I still have the Max.

11. UnkaRick

UnkaRick

Sep 21, 2008
    NY
    hehehe..I started this post almost 2 years ago... and got my 1st reply today... it was well worth the wait

12. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    Actually better to just call them. I emailed them for a Mark VI schematic and heard nothing at all. After a week or so, I called them on the phone and had the schematic in my mailbox inside of 5 min. I think the email CS account is either ignored or overloaded.

13. Plstrns

Plstrns

Feb 4, 2010
    Texas
  14. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    I repaired a few of them in my tech days. They are big and heavy! I do remember that there were mods that had to be done to all the ones I worked on. I don't remember what they were supposed to do.