Any love for Chowny?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A. D. Fairhurst, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Best semi bass I've ever seen!

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Cool little bass!

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Good, but nothing special.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Meeeeeh...

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. A bit lame.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Quite rubbish.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Absolute [email protected]

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Another very similar to the Eastwood Classic 4 and the Harley Benton whatever it is... Cool little basses, all of them. I wonder if they all come from the same factory "over there". The Chownys have the nicest finishes pf the 3 (or more?) with those dyed flame tops! ;) (I've also seen virtually identical basses sold by some of the Chinese ebay "factory direct" brands like "Grote".)

A. D. Fairhurst likes this.
  2. twinjet

twinjet Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Sounds fine. Really liked the first battle up until the end, then it started sounding tinny and annoying. Otherwise pretty neat.

3. I've been following Stephen's progress with Chowny for a good while on BC. It's great to see him getting a measure of success,1st batch sold-out fast.
    All in it's a good time for UK companies like Chowny,Retrovibe,and Revelation. I hope it'll continue for Chowny player Scott Whitley as his short scale
    bass enters production.

So yeah +1 for Chowny from me:thumbsup:

4. I chatted with Stephen a few weeks ago about a 5-string version. Said that he would discuss it with the designers and factory.

TD

selowitch and kodiakblair like this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021