1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Wisconsin Bassists out there??

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pedulla-Player, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player G-B-W : https://www.reverbnation.com/gbw1

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    Any of you Bassists live/play in Wisconsin. If so - What area and what band do you play in?? I live in Lily in Northern Wisconsin and I play in copperhead. Pedulla-Player

2. ctrotier

ctrotier

Feb 20, 2008
    Pewaukee, WI
    I live in sunny, exotic Pewaukee (SE Wi), and play all over the midwest and occasionally further. I play in an original Celtic rock band - the Sandcarvers (www.thesandcarvers.com). Since we are more of a niche band, we need to travel further to fill out our gig schedule.

3. JQ1986

JQ1986

Oct 30, 2008
    Rice Lake, WI
    I live in Thorp (between Chippewa Falls and Wausau). I've only really played locally at a couple of the bars but I'm not in a band at the moment. Trying to get something going, but it's kinda hard to find other available musicians around here.

4. Medford Bassman

Medford Bassman Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Medford, Wisconsin
    I live in the booming metropolis of Medford and play with The Wise Guys. (mainly weddings and corporate shows)

5. meycom

meycom Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Southern Wis.
    I live in Cross Plains, work in Madison, but we rehearse in Reedsburg. Looking for a SINGER???

6. kingpin2512

kingpin2512

Aug 9, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I live in Neenah Wisconsin. I'm in the process of trying to find a drummer for my band.

7. I live in Spooner.

Wesley R.

8. Fond du Lac

9. borskeetbass

borskeetbass

Dec 8, 2008
    I live in Wisconsin Rapids. My band is Beware the Doctor. Check us out on myspace!

10. Holmann

Holmann

Dec 23, 2005
    Ashland, WI
    Ashland, most of them.

11. hey cool thats my hometown

I am in Duluth, MN now but for the last 4 years I lived in Superior, and before that fond du lac, and before that, Wis. Rapids.

12. Órale Gent's!
    I'm not a WI. bassist ( Iron River, Mich), but I know where some of you Cat's are from, and heard of a few of the Band's!
    Hola

13. I'm in Cudahy. A suburb of Milwaukee.

14. Godbody

Godbody

May 27, 2008
    Fox Valley resident checking in.

15. Lippy1

Lippy1

Apr 7, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Lovely, lively Elkhorn.

16. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Reporting in from Lovely, Lively La Crosse, WI...where you can experience the World's Largest Six-Pack (see avatar).

I play in a classic rock band called "Phoenix", but we only play out once or twice a year.

I'm 49, and we all played together in high school/college and ended up going our separate ways. In 2000 we discovered it had been 20 years since played together (I had literally not taken my bass out of it's case in those 20 years), so we did a reunion thing. We had no idea how it would go over, but we had about 400 people show up...way more than we expected...an instant following.

Now we get together for one or two gigs a years, usually for Oktoberfest or Riverfest here in La Crosse. We'd like to play together more, but one of the guys lives in Nashville, so it's hard for him to get back.

It's kind of funny because every once in awhile I'll see advertisements for a band called "Phoenix" in the northern WI area. I've had people tell me they've gone to see them thinking it was my band. I doubt they even know we exist, but since we named our band in 1974, I figure we had the name first.

If any of you ever get to La Crosse, a stop at Dave's Guitar Shop is a must....

17. johnnycat42

johnnycat42

Feb 27, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I grew up in WI--Sussex--just outside of Milwaukee--that is where my guitar/bass playing days all started! (Now in Austin, TX)

18. melvn

melvn

Jan 29, 2009
    Central WI
    Wausau. I Play in The North Country Band. Also looking for other side gigs at the moment.

19. TeamTrejo

TeamTrejo

Oct 12, 2008
    Franklin WI
    Franklin (Milwaukee County)

Play in a cover band called Bushwood.

20. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Home of the Thorpedo! I always end up going past Thorp on my way from Minneapolis to Green Bay. Those of you on the Minnesota side of your fine state are invited to the Minnesota GTG:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506154

Cheers to you, my 'Sconie friends!

KO