Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone else sick?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Feb 28, 2005.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man i am a sick puppy! High fever nasty chest junk and its in my head. And on top of all that i am puking on top of it all!

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm sick too...

Been sick all day... I couldn't even eat. It is like a mini-flu or somethin, mang.

But its kinda nice, cause my grandparents were over... and I was laying on the couch in my pajamas, and my grandma rubbed my back for like an hour :) I love grandmas.

Then i went to my room, and puked into a suit case.

that sucked.

3. Mike... the suitcase was empty right?

4. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man i wish i had a grandma like that! Hey youre grandma want to make some extra cash on the side from back rubbing sick dudes? Yeah probably not huh!

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I was this weekend.

Drank lots of water, tea and got plenty of sleep.

Now I'm better!

6. Everyone at my workplace is coming down with a really nasty flu. So far, I'm the only person to have not gotten it yet, though I'm normally the last person to get sick, if at all, when a bug is going around.

Both my parents back home just got over a flu within the last week, and my fiancee had the mother of all head colds.

Seems to be a really bad flu season, possibly due to the flu vaccine shortage?

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    What flu vaccine shortage? They can't give 'em away around here. They had a flu shot clinic last week and a total of one person showed up to get a shot.

That being said, I still haven't gotten one, actually I've never gotten a flu shot *knocks on wood*. :) While I was away from work a nasty bug went around debilitating people for about a week, am I glad I wasn't here for that one! :)

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

2 pairs of socks.... which i might go fetch when no one is looking :ninja:

9. I've gotten one every year I've been up here with the Coast Guard, except for this past year. We had a shortage of them, so they were only being given to "Operational Units and members in high risk categories." Me, being in a "support" unit, I don't get one.

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I had bronchitis week before last that put me down for the entire week, but I'm over it now and it doesn't hurt to breathe anymore.

11. I had a very bad cough/throat thing going on about a week and a half ago that got better after a few days. The problem is that it has returned with a vengeance. I don't think I've ever been sick twice in such a short amount of time (I was healthy for around 4 or 5 days). I've been munching on cough drops like a madman, so hopefully I'll kick it soon.

It does seem like everyone is getting sick this winter, even more than usual. Is this a trend anywhere else?

12. My kids are, after a week+, nearly done being sick, but I'm sick of it.
    Once, when I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning, I puked my guts(including spinal column & appendix)out, while simultaneously squirting like a brown geyser, then passed out and crapped my then-girlfriend's bed. Twice. Then we got married. She's a keeper.

13. eric atkinson

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    My kids are, after a week+, nearly done being sick, but I'm sick of it.
    Once, when I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning, I puked my guts(including spinal column & appendix)out, while simultaneously squirting like a brown geyser, then passed out and crapped my then-girlfriend's bed. Twice. Then we got married. She's a keeper.

Wow dude no doubt she is a keeper! But man its still funny as hell! Ialmost wet my pants when you said that

14. I've also been sick twice in quite short time. It started three weeks ago with high fever and I could hardly move out of bed for three days. It was terrible to have my bass within reach but not having the strength to play it! After that I got better but this friday I woke up with a terrible cough and have coughed constantly since then. I better call a doctor...