1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone know anything about Redsub?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steven_awc, Mar 15, 2013.

1. steven_awc

steven_awc

Mar 15, 2013
    Hi everyone, this is my first post on here and mainly because I can't find a single review or anything more than basic information of a cab & head made by 'Redsub'.

I play bass in a post-hardcore band and we plan to start gigging with a well known band around the south east of London is small venues. Mainly clubs and bars.

I am on the look out for a good cabinet and a head to go with it. Preferably 4x10" and more than 250W. I'd rather buy an amp that I can keep for a while and possibly suit me when we move up to larger sized gigs.

I have found what I think is so far the best options within my budget.

Cabinet: http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/RedSub-B410T-Bass-Cabinet-4-x-10/H4T

Head: http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/RedSub-BT500H-500W-Bass-Head/B1D

Basically I don't know alot about the technical side of amps, I know they are both 500W @ 4 ohms but have no idea how that effects me.

Any help or information on these two would be much appreciated.

2. open.eadg

open.eadg

Jun 13, 2010
    Hungary
    Looks like a Harley Benton head, under a different brand. No idea about the cab, though.

3. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    RedSub, Harley Benton, Ibanez Promethean are all made by Beta-Alvin. The Promethean has a slightly different preamp.

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    i see that they say 4/8 ohms for the cab. so, which is it? available in both? SWITCHABLE????? huh...

also the power rating is "400 watts @4ohm", so the cab's power handling is different at 8 ohm? huh....

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    IIRC Red Subs were a real danger during the Cuban missile crisis.